Affiliation: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Tuberculosis along the United States-Mexico border, 1993-2001Eileen Schneider
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Division of Tuberculosis Elimination, 1600 Clifton Road, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
Rev Panam Salud Publica 16:23-34. 2004....
- Tuberculosis trends in the United States, 1992-2001E Schneider
Division of Tuberculosis Elimination, National Center for HIV, STD, and TB Prevention, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 1600 Clifton Road Mailstop E 10, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
Tuberculosis (Edinb) 83:21-9. 2003..This report will briefly review the trends and factors associated with the TB resurgence in the late 1980s and early 1990s, and provide a detailed description of specific TB trends in the US between 1992 and 2001...
- Tuberculosis among American Indians and Alaska Natives in the United States, 1993-2002Eileen Schneider
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Division of Tuberculosis Elimination, 1600 Clifton Rd, Mail Stop E 10, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
Am J Public Health 95:873-80. 2005....
- Epidemiology of childhood tuberculosis in the United States, 1993-2001: the need for continued vigilanceLisa J Nelson
National Center for HIV, STD, and TB Prevention, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia 30333, USA
Pediatrics 114:333-41. 2004..To describe trends and highlight epidemiologic and clinical characteristics of childhood tuberculosis (TB) in the United States...
- Epidemiology of tuberculosis in the United StatesEileen Schneider
Division of Tuberculosis and Elimination, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 1600 Clifton Road, MS E 10, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
Clin Chest Med 26:183-95, v. 2005..Key challenges remain, and efforts must focus on identifying and targeting interventions for high-risk populations, active involvement in the global effort against tuberculosis, developing new tools, and maintaining adequate resources...
- Outbreak of pneumonia associated with emergent human adenovirus serotype 14--Southeast Alaska, 2008Douglas H Esposito
Division of Viral Diseases, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia 30333, USA
J Infect Dis 202:214-22. 2010..In September 2008, an outbreak of pneumonia associated with an emerging human adenovirus (human adenovirus serotype 14 [HAdV-14]) occurred on a rural Southeast Alaska island. Nine patients required hospitalization, and 1 patient died...
- Revised surveillance case definitions for HIV infection among adults, adolescents, and children aged <18 months and for HIV infection and AIDS among children aged 18 months to <13 years--United States, 2008Eileen Schneider
Division of HIV AIDS Prevention, National Center for HIV AIDS, Viral Hepatitis, STD, and TB Prevention, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
MMWR Recomm Rep 57:1-12. 2008..CDC and the Council of State and Territorial Epidemiologists recommend that all states and territories conduct case surveillance of HIV infection and AIDS using the 2008 surveillance case definitions, effective immediately...
- Pleural tuberculosis in the United States: incidence and drug resistanceMichael H Baumann
2500 North State St, Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, University of Mississippi Medical Center, Jackson, MS 39216 4505, USA
Chest 131:1125-32. 2007..The diagnostic approach is under debate. Knowledge of pleural TB epidemiology would be beneficial. To help clarify pleural TB epidemiology, we analyzed US national TB surveillance data for 1993 to 2003...