Affiliation: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Costs and consequences of additional chest x-ray in a tuberculosis prevention program in BotswanaTaraz Samandari
Division of TB Elimination, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention PHS, 1600 Clifton Rd, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 183:1103-11. 2011..Symptom screening alone may be insufficient to exclude TB disease in PLWH because some PLWH with TB disease have no symptoms. The addition of chest radiography (CXR) may improve disease detection...
- 6-month versus 36-month isoniazid preventive treatment for tuberculosis in adults with HIV infection in Botswana: a randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled trialTaraz Samandari
Botswana USA Partnership BOTUSA, Gaborone and Francistown, Botswana
Lancet 377:1588-98. 2011..We aimed to assess effectiveness of extended isoniazid therapy...
- Isoniazid-associated hepatitis and antiretroviral drugs during tuberculosis prophylaxis in hiv-infected adults in BotswanaZegabriel Tedla
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Division of Tuberculosis Elimination, 1600 Clifton Road NE, Mailstop E 10, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 182:278-85. 2010..Little is known about the incidence of isoniazid-associated hepatitis in HIV-infected Africans who receive both isoniazid preventive therapy (IPT) and antiretroviral therapy (ART)...
- Isoniazid tuberculosis preventive therapy in HIV-infected adults accessing antiretroviral therapy: a Botswana Experience, 2004-2006Barudi Mosimaneotsile
BOTUSA, Gaborone and Francistown, Botswana
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 54:71-7. 2010..To describe reasons for exclusion from isoniazid tuberculosis preventive therapy (IPT) and outcomes of persons living with HIV (PLWH) during 6 months of IPT...
- Incidence of hepatitis A in the United States in the era of vaccinationAnnemarie Wasley
Division of Viral Hepatitis, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
JAMA 294:194-201. 2005....
- Risk factors for non-adherence and loss to follow-up in a three-year clinical trial in BotswanaDeborah A Gust
Division of HIV AIDS Prevention, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia, United States of America
PLoS ONE 6:e18435. 2011..Participant non-adherence and loss to follow-up can compromise the validity of clinical trial results. An assessment of these issues was made in a 3-year tuberculosis prevention trial among HIV-infected adults in Botswana...
- Pregnancy Outcomes in HIV-Infected Women Receiving Long-Term Isoniazid Prophylaxis for Tuberculosis and Antiretroviral TherapyAllan W Taylor
Division of HIV AIDS Prevention, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention CDC, National Center for HIV AIDS, Viral Hepatitis, STD, and TB Prevention, 1600 Clifton Road, NE MS E 45, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
Infect Dis Obstet Gynecol 2013:195637. 2013..6, 95% CI: 0.3-1.1 and 1.8, 95% CI 0.9-3.6, resp.). Conclusions. Long-term isoniazid prophylaxis was not associated with adverse pregnancy outcomes, such as preterm delivery, even in the context of ART exposure...
- Quantifying the impact of hepatitis A immunization in the United States, 1995-2001Taraz Samandari
Division of Viral Hepatitis, National Center for Infectious Diseases, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 1600 Clifton Road, NE Mailstop G-37 Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
Vaccine 22:4342-50. 2004..These results suggest that much of the recent reduction of hepatitis A rates is attributable to immunization and that immunization has been associated with a strong herd immunity effect...