Marc A Safran
Affiliation: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Evaluating mental health after the 2010 Haitian earthquakeMarc A Safran
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Mail Stop E 44, 1600 Clifton Rd, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
Disaster Med Public Health Prep 5:154-7. 2011..Challenges in clinical assessment and public health surveillance are explored. Potential implications for survivors and public health officials are considered...
- Achieving recognition that mental health is part of the mission of CDCMarc A Safran
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
Psychiatr Serv 60:1532-4. 2009....
- Psychological distress and mental health treatment among persons with and without active duty military experience, Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance System, United States, 2007Marc A Safran
U S Public Health Service, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 1600 Clifton Road, Atlanta, GA, 30333, USA
Int J Public Health 54:61-7. 2009..To examine self-reported psychological distress (K-6 scale) and mental health treatment among persons with and without active duty U.S. military experience (ADME) currently residing in private residences in the U.S...
- Mental health disparitiesMarc A Safran
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 1600 Clifton Road, Mail Stop E 44, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
Am J Public Health 99:1962-6. 2009..We convey an evolving interagency approach to mental health disparities research and guidance for further work in the field...
- Geographic patterns of frequent mental distress: U.S. adults, 1993-2001 and 2003-2006David G Moriarty
CDC, Atlanta, Georgia 30341, USA
Am J Prev Med 36:497-505. 2009..Mental illnesses and other mental health problems often lead to prolonged, disabling, and costly mental distress. Yet little is known about the geographic distribution of such mental distress in the U.S...
- Mental illness surveillance among adults in the United StatesWilliam C Reeves
Public Health Surveillance Program Office, CDC, 1600 Clifton Rd, N E, MS E 97, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
MMWR Surveill Summ 60:1-29. 2011..Many mental illnesses can be managed successfully, and increasing access to and use of mental health treatment services could substantially reduce the associated morbidity...
- Prescription psychotropic medication use among the U.S. adult population: results from the third National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey, 1988-1994Ryne Paulose-Ram
Division of National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey, National Center for Health Statistics, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 3311 Toledo Road, Hyattsville, MD 20782, USA
J Clin Epidemiol 57:309-17. 2004..We estimated prescription psychotropic medication use among US adults...
- Trends in psychotropic medication use among U.S. adultsRyne Paulose-Ram
Division of Health and Nutrition Examination Surveys, National Center for Health Statistics, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Hyattsville, Maryland 20782, USA
Pharmacoepidemiol Drug Saf 16:560-70. 2007..To examine trends and prevalence of prescription psychotropic medication use among noninstitutionalized US adults...
- A Preliminary analysis of medical expenditures among active and sedentary US adults with mental disordersDavid R Brown
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion, Division of Nutrition and Physical Activity, Physical Activity and Health Branch, Atlanta, GA 30341 3724, USA
Am J Health Behav 29:195-205. 2005..To determine whether leisure-time physical activity is associated with lower direct annual medical expenditures among a sample of adults with mental disorders...
- Presidential promotion of health-related behaviors through words and exampleMarc A Safran
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 1600 Clifton Road, NE, Mail Stop E 44, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
Mil Med 178:432-7. 2013..The nature of such messages and how they are received has changed with advances in technology and will likely continue to evolve...
- Sad, blue, or depressed days, health behaviors and health-related quality of life, Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance System, 1995-2000Rosemarie Kobau
Health Care and Aging Studies Branch, Division of Adult and Community Health, National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA 30341, USA
Health Qual Life Outcomes 2:40. 2004..Less information exists however, about the health burden resulting from subsyndromal levels of depressive symptomatology, such as feeling sad, blue or depressed, among the general U.S. population...