Lauren M Rossen
Affiliation: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Food availability en route to school and anthropometric change in urban childrenLauren M Rossen
Analysis and Epidemiology, National Center for Health Statistics, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 3311 Toledo Rd, Room 6114, Hyattsville, MD, 20782, USA
J Urban Health 90:653-66. 2013....
- Verification of retail food outlet location data from a local health department using ground-truthing and remote-sensing technology: assessing differences by neighborhood characteristicsLauren M Rossen
Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, Department of Health Policy and Management, 624 N Broadway, Baltimore MD 21205, USA
Health Place 18:956-62. 2012..Although remote-sensing technologies are a promising low-cost alternative to direct observation, this study demonstrated only moderate levels of agreement with ground-truthing...
- Measuring health disparities: trends in racial-ethnic and socioeconomic disparities in obesity among 2- to 18-year old youth in the United States, 2001-2010Lauren M Rossen
Infant, Child, and Women s Health Statistics Branch, Office of Analysis and Epidemiology, National Center for Health Statistics, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Hyattsville, MD 20782, USA
Ann Epidemiol 22:698-704. 2012..We sought to advance existing research by using a set of disparity metrics on both the absolute and relative scales to examine trends in childhood obesity disparities over time...
- Neighborhood incivilities, perceived neighborhood safety, and walking to school among urban-dwelling childrenLauren M Rossen
Department of Health Policy and Management, Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, Baltimore, MD, USA
J Phys Act Health 8:262-71. 2011..Walking to school is an important source of physical activity among children. There is a paucity of research exploring environmental determinants of walking to school among children in urban areas...
- Motor vehicle crashes among active duty U.S. Army personnel, 1999 to 2006Lauren M Rossen
Department of Health Policy and Management, Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, 624 N Broadway, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Mil Med 176:1019-26. 2011..Results suggest a need for additional exploration of MVCs involving Army vehicles, which were the most common and among the most costly...