Jerris L Raiford
Affiliation: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Low prospects and high risk: structural determinants of health associated with sexual risk among young African American women residing in resource-poor communities in the southJerris L Raiford
Division of HIV AIDS Prevention, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 1600 Clifton Road NE, Mailstop E 37, Atlanta, GA, 30333, USA
Am J Community Psychol 54:243-50. 2014..Diminished economic conditions among these young women may lead to sexual risk due to hopelessness, the need for survival or other factors...
- Interpersonal- and community-level predictors of intimate partner violence perpetration among African American menJerris Laverne Raiford
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA, USA
J Urban Health 90:784-95. 2013..While IPV prevention should include individual-level interventions that focus on skills building, these findings also highlight the importance of couple-, community-, and structural-level interventions. ..
- What girls won't do for love: human immunodeficiency virus/sexually transmitted infections risk among young African-American women driven by a relationship imperativeJerris L Raiford
Division of HIV AIDS Prevention, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA, USA
J Adolesc Health 52:566-71. 2013..Therefore, the present study assessed the associations among a relationship imperative and HIV/STI-related risk factors and behaviors...
- Intimate partner violence and other partner-related factors: correlates of sexually transmissible infections and risky sexual behaviours among young adult African American womenPuja Seth
Department of Behavioral Sciences and Health Education, Rollins School of Public Health, Emory University, Atlanta, GA 30332, USA
Sex Health 7:25-30. 2010..The present study examined partner-related risk factors for STIs and risky sexual behaviours among an urban sample of African American women...
- Effects of fear of abuse and possible STI acquisition on the sexual behavior of young African American womenJerris L Raiford
Department of Behavioral Sciences and Health Education, Rollins School of Public Health, Emory University, Atlanta, GA, USA
Am J Public Health 99:1067-71. 2009..We examined the interactive effects of fear of abuse and knowledge of sexually transmitted infections (STIs) on sexual risk behaviors in a sample of young African American women...
- Masculinity, condom use self-efficacy and abusive responses to condom negotiation: the case for HIV prevention for heterosexual African-American menJerris L Raiford
Division of HIV AIDS Prevention, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 1600 Clifton Road NE, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
Sex Health 10:467-9. 2013..This study explored the role of masculinity and perceived condom use skills in African-American men's abusive response to female partners' condom requests...
- Design of a faith-based HIV intervention: successful collaboration between a university and a churchGina M Wingood
Emory Center for AIDS Research in Atlanta, Emory University, Rollins School of Public Health, 1518 Clifton Road, Atlanta, GA 30324, USA
Health Promot Pract 12:823-31. 2011....
- Correlates of consistent condom use among HIV-positive African American womenJerris L Raiford
Rollins School of Public Health, Department of Behavioural Sciences and Health Education, Emory University, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
Women Health 46:41-58. 2007..The present study used social-cognitive theory and the theory of gender and power to identify correlates of consistent condom use among African American women living with HIV...
- Prevalence, incidence, and predictors of dating violence: a longitudinal study of African American female adolescentsJerris L Raiford
Rollins School of Public Health, Department of Behavioral Sciences and Health Education, Atlanta, Georgia 30322, USA
J Womens Health (Larchmt) 16:822-32. 2007..Our objective was to examine the prevalence, incidence, and predictors of dating violence in an African American sample using the theory of gender and power...
- Operational research to improve HIV prevention in the United StatesJeffrey H Herbst
Division of HIV AIDS Prevention DHAP, National Center for HIV AIDS, Viral Hepatitis, STD, and TB Prevention NCHHSTP, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention CDC, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 59:530-6. 2012..Operational research can help achieve national HIV prevention goals of reducing new infections, improving access to care and optimization of health outcomes of people living with HIV, and reducing HIV-related health disparities...
- Dose-response associations between number and frequency of substance use and high-risk sexual behaviors among HIV-negative substance-using men who have sex with men (SUMSM) in San FranciscoGlenn Milo Santos
San Francisco Department of Public Health, San Francisco, CA 94102, USA
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 63:540-4. 2013..81 (95% CI, 12.25 to 23.08), 27.31 (95% CI, 18.93 to 39.39), and 46.38 (95% CI, 30.65 to 70.19), respectively. High-risk sexual behaviors were strongly associated with frequency and number of substances used...