Affiliation: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Socioeconomic disadvantage as a social determinant of teen childbearing in the U.SAna Penman-Aguilar
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Office of Minority Health and Health Equity, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
Public Health Rep 128:5-22. 2013..We reviewed the literature focused on socioeconomic influences on teen childbearing and suggested directions for future research and practice related to this important indicator of teen sexual health...
- Complications of common gynecologic surgeries among HIV-infected women in the United StatesAna Penman-Aguilar
National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA 30341, USA
Infect Dis Obstet Gynecol 2012:610876. 2012..To compare frequencies of complications among HIV-infected and-uninfected women undergoing common gynecological surgical procedures in inpatient settings...
- Promoting continuous use as a strategy for achieving adherence in a trial of the diaphragm with candidate microbicideAna Penman-Aguilar
Centers for Disease, Control and Prevention CDC, Atlanta, GA, 30341, USA
AIDS Educ Prev 21:512-25. 2009..6, 95% CI: 1.2, 24.0). If the diaphragm proves effective against STI, continuous use may help women achieve high levels of protection...
- Effect of treatment assignment on intravaginal cleansing in a randomized study of the diaphragm with candidate microbicideAna Penman-Aguilar
Women s Health and Fertility Branch, Division of Reproductive Health, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia 30341, USA
J Womens Health (Larchmt) 20:187-95. 2011....
- Perceived control over condom use among sex workers in Madagascar: a cohort studyAudrey Pettifor
Department of Epidemiology, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, USA
BMC Womens Health 10:4. 2010..However, many existing analyses used cross-sectional data and little quantitative information exists to characterize the relationships between perceived control and actual condom use among sex worker populations...
- Effect of topical vaginal products on the detection of prostate-specific antigen, a biomarker of semen exposure, using ABAcardsMargaret C Snead
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA 30341, USA
Contraception 88:382-6. 2013..We investigated this question using various dilutions of several vaginal products (lubricants and spermicides) and the Abacus ABAcard for PSA detection...
- Optimal methods for collecting and storing vaginal specimens for prostate-specific antigen testing in research studiesMaria F Gallo
Division of Reproductive Health, National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 4770 Buford Highway, Mail Stop K 34, Atlanta, GA 30341 3724, USA
Contraception 87:830-5. 2013..Optimal methods for collecting and storing specimens for this testing have not been determined...
- Postpartum intrauterine device insertion and postpartum tubal sterilization in the United StatesMaura K Whiteman
Division of Reproductive Health, National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA, USA
Am J Obstet Gynecol 206:127.e1-7. 2012..The purpose of this study was to estimate US rates of postpartum intrauterine device (IUD) insertion and postpartum tubal sterilization...