Lynn A Paxton
Affiliation: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Considerations regarding antiretroviral chemoprophylaxis and heterosexuals in generalized epidemic settingsLynn A Paxton
Division of HIV AIDS Prevention, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Georgia, USA
Curr Opin HIV AIDS 7:557-62. 2012..To discuss the factors pertinent to the use of pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP) by at-risk heterosexuals in countries with generalized HIV epidemics...
- Pre-exposure prophylaxis for HIV infection: what if it works?Lynn A Paxton
Division of HIV AIDS Prevention, National Center for HIV AIDS, Viral Hepatitis, STD, and TB Prevention, Coordinating Center for Infectious Diseases, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA, USA
Lancet 370:89-93. 2007
- Planning for pre-exposure prophylaxis to prevent HIV transmission: challenges and opportunitiesSusan C Kim
O Neill Institute for National and Global Health Law, Georgetown University, Washington, DC, USA
J Int AIDS Soc 13:24. 2010..This paper identifies the key action points that emerged from the Planning for PrEP meeting...
- Antiretroviral preexposure prophylaxis for heterosexual HIV transmission in BotswanaMichael C Thigpen
Division of HIV AIDS Prevention, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, USA
N Engl J Med 367:423-34. 2012..Preexposure prophylaxis with antiretroviral agents has been shown to reduce the transmission of human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) among men who have sex with men; however, the efficacy among heterosexuals is uncertain...
- CD4(+) cell count, viral load, and drug resistance patterns among heterosexual breakthrough HIV infections in a study of oral preexposure prophylaxisLovemore I Chirwa
aCDC BOTUSA, Gaborone, Botswana bDivision of HIV AIDS Prevention, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
AIDS 28:223-6. 2014..Of the four participants who seroconverted on-study while receiving tenofovir/emtricitabine, none became infected as a result of drug-resistant HIV; moreover, no resistance mutations emerged following seroconversion. ..
- Randomized trial of clinical safety of daily oral tenofovir disoproxil fumarate among HIV-uninfected men who have sex with men in the United StatesLisa A Grohskopf
Epidemiology Branch, Division of HIV AIDS Prevention, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA, USA
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 64:79-86. 2013..To evaluate the clinical safety of daily tenofovir disoproxil fumarate (TDF) among HIV-negative men who have sex with men...
- Postexposure prophylaxis for HIV in children and adolescents after sexual assault: a prospective observational study in an urban medical centerLisa A Grohskopf
Epidemiology Branch, Division of HIV AIDS Prevention, National Center for HIV AIDS Prevention, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Sex Transm Dis 34:69-70. 2007
- Update and overview of practical epidemiologic aspects of HIV/AIDS among injection drug users in the United StatesScott S Santibanez
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 1600 Clifton Road, Mailstop K 39, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
J Urban Health 83:86-100. 2006..It is imperative that public health agencies continue to monitor and combat the HIV epidemic among IDUs to ensure that hard-won gains will not be eroded...
- Antiretroviral postexposure prophylaxis after sexual, injection-drug use, or other nonoccupational exposure to HIV in the United States: recommendations from the U.S. Department of Health and Human ServicesDawn K Smith
Division of HIV AIDS Prevention, National Center for HIV, STD, and TB Prevention, CDC, Atlanta, Georgia 30333, USA
MMWR Recomm Rep 54:1-20. 2005..Risk-reduction counseling and indicated intervention services should be provided to reduce the risk for recurrent exposures...