Minal K Patel
Affiliation: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Findings from a hepatitis B birth dose assessment in health facilities in the Philippines: opportunities to engage the private sectorMinal K Patel
Global Immunization Division, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 1600 Clifton Road, MS A 04, Atlanta, GA, United States Electronic address
Vaccine 32:5140-4. 2014..Timely HepB-BD coverage, defined as doses given within 24h of birth, was 40% nationally in 2011. A first step in improving timely HepB-BD coverage is to ensure that all newborns born in health facilities are vaccinated...
- A prolonged outbreak of Salmonella Montevideo infections associated with multiple locations of a restaurant chain in Phoenix, Arizona, 2008Minal K Patel
Epidemic Intelligence Service, Officer of Workforce and Career Development, Enteric Diseases Epidemiology Branch, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 1600 Clifton Road, Atlanta, Georgia 30333, USA
J Food Prot 73:1858-63. 2010..This outbreak supports the potential use of inspections in identifying restaurants at high risk of outbreaks and the need to reduce contamination of raw products at the source and prevent cross-contamination at the point of service...
- Impact of a hygiene curriculum and the installation of simple handwashing and drinking water stations in rural Kenyan primary schools on student health and hygiene practicesMinal K Patel
Epidemic Intelligence Service and Division of Foodborne, Waterborne, and Environmental Diseases, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
Am J Trop Med Hyg 87:594-601. 2012..Students in this school program exhibited sustained improvement in hygiene knowledge and a decreased risk of respiratory infections after the intervention...
- An outbreak of wild poliovirus in the Republic of Congo, 2010-2011Minal K Patel
Global Immunization Division, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA 30329, USA
Clin Infect Dis 55:1291-8. 2012..In October 2010, a neurologist noted an abnormal number of cases of acute flaccid paralysis (AFP) among adults, which were later confirmed to be caused by WPV1...
- A strategy to increase adoption of locally-produced, ceramic cookstoves in rural Kenyan householdsBenjamin J Silk
Epidemic Intelligence Service, Scientific Education and Professional Development Program Office, 1600 Clifton Road, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
BMC Public Health 12:359. 2012....