Affiliation: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Assessment of the relation between biomarkers for smoking and biomarkers for acrylamide exposure in humansHubert W Vesper
Division of Laboratory Sciences, National Center for Environmental Health, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 4770 Buford Highway, Northeast MS F 25, Atlanta, GA, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 16:2471-8. 2007..The findings suggest that tobacco smoke exposure in individuals with PC values of <1 ng/mL has only a minimal effect on HbAA and HbGA...
- Characterization of N-terminal formaldehyde adducts to hemoglobinMaria Ospina
Division of Laboratory Sciences, National Center for Environmental Health, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA 30341, USA
Rapid Commun Mass Spectrom 25:1043-50. 2011..These peptides are suitable for use as calibrators for the quantitative assessment of internal exposure to FA...
- LC/MS/MS method for the analysis of acrylamide and glycidamide hemoglobin adductsMaria Ospina
National Center for Environmental Health, Center for Disease Control and Prevention, 477 Buford Highway, MS F25, Atlanta, GA 30341, USA
Adv Exp Med Biol 561:97-107. 2005..The method is performed on an automated liquid handling and SPE system. It provides good sensitivity in the low-exposure range as assessed in pooled samples and enables differentiation between smokers and non smokers...
- Pilot study on the impact of potato chips consumption on biomarkers of acrylamide exposureHubert W Vesper
National Center for Environmental Health, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 477 Buford Hwy NE MS F25, Atlanta, GA 30341, USA
Adv Exp Med Biol 561:89-96. 2005..However, because of the design of this pilot study, the observed magnitude of change cannot be. generalized and needs to be confirmed in the main study...
- Automated method for measuring globin adducts of acrylamide and glycidamide at optimized Edman reaction conditionsHubert W Vesper
Division of Laboratory Sciences, National Center for Environmental Health, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 4770 Buford Hwy, NE MS F 25, USA
Rapid Commun Mass Spectrom 20:959-64. 2006..The GA-Hb/AA-Hb ratio decreases significantly with increasing AA-Hb values indicating that measurement of AA-Hb as well as GA-Hb are needed to appropriately assess human exposure to acrylamide...
- Identification of biomarkers of whole Coxiella burnetii phase I by MALDI-TOF mass spectrometryEdward I Shaw
Division of Viral and Rickettsial Diseases, National Center for Infectious Diseases, National Center for Environmental Health, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia 30341, USA
Anal Chem 76:4017-22. 2004..burnetii isolates, especially when coupled with antigen capture techniques. The method also has potential for several applications in basic microbial research, including regulation of gene expression...
- Analysis of four human microsporidian isolates by MALDI-TOF mass spectrometryHercules Moura
Atlanta Research and Education Foundation, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
J Eukaryot Microbiol 50:156-63. 2003..MALDI-TOF MS analysis of whole organisms is a rapid, sensitive, and specific option to characterize microsporidian isolates and has the potential for several applications in parasitology...
- Quantification of ricinine in rat and human urine: a biomarker for ricin exposureRudolph C Johnson
Division of Laboratory Sciences, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 4770 Buford Highway, Mailstop F47, Atlanta, Georgia 3034, USA
J Anal Toxicol 29:149-55. 2005..These studies show that ricinine can be measured in rat urine at least 48 h after exposure. Ricinine is present in crude preparations of ricin, and it can be found in human urine after a lethal exposure to ricin...
- Quantitation of the sulfur mustard metabolites 1,1'-sulfonylbis[2-(methylthio)ethane] and thiodiglycol in urine using isotope-dilution Gas chromatography-tandem mass spectrometryAnne E Boyer
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, National Center for Environmental Health, Atlanta, Georgia 30341, USA
J Anal Toxicol 28:327-32. 2004..The geometric mean concentration of TDG was 3.43 ng/mL, with concentrations ranging from < 0.5 ng/mL to 20 ng/mL...
- Validation by a mass spectrometric reference method of use of boronate affinity chromatography to measure glycohemoglobin in the presence of hemoglobin S and C traitsRandie R Little
University of Missouri Columbia School of Medicine, Department of Pathology and Anatomical Sciences, Columbia, MO 65212, USA
Clin Chem 51:264-5. 2005
- Patients presenting to the emergency department: the use of other health care services and reasons for presentationAlice Han
Faculty of Medicine, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
CJEM 9:428-34. 2007..This study assessed the frequency and determinants of patients' efforts to access alternative care before ED presentation...