M S Oberste
Affiliation: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Oberste M, Maher K, Pallansch M. Molecular phylogeny and proposed classification of the simian picornaviruses. J Virol. 2002;76:1244-51 pubmed....
- Oberste M, Maher K, Pallansch M. Genomic evidence that simian virus 2 and six other simian picornaviruses represent a new genus in Picornaviridae. Virology. 2003;314:283-93 pubmed....
- Oberste M, Maher K, Pallansch M. Complete genome sequences for nine simian enteroviruses. J Gen Virol. 2007;88:3360-72 pubmed..These results suggest that host species may have a significant influence on the evolution of enterovirus non-capsid sequences. ..
- Oberste M, Gotuzzo E, Blair P, Nix W, Ksiazek T, Comer J, et al. Human febrile illness caused by encephalomyocarditis virus infection, Peru. Emerg Infect Dis. 2009;15:640-6 pubmed publisher..Serum samples from case-patient 2 did not contain antibodies detectable by either assay. Detection of virus in serum strongly supports a role for EMCV in human infection and febrile illness. ..
- Oberste M, Peñaranda S, Rogers S, Henderson E, Nix W. Comparative evaluation of Taqman real-time PCR and semi-nested VP1 PCR for detection of enteroviruses in clinical specimens. J Clin Virol. 2010;49:73-4 pubmed publisher..The results suggest that either assay can produce satisfactory results, but that using both assays in parallel should provide the highest sensitivity for clinical diagnostic testing. ..
- Oberste M, Maher K, Schnurr D, Flemister M, Lovchik J, Peters H, et al. Enterovirus 68 is associated with respiratory illness and shares biological features with both the enteroviruses and the rhinoviruses. J Gen Virol. 2004;85:2577-84 pubmed..It is concluded that EV68 is primarily an agent of respiratory disease and that it shares important biological and molecular properties with both the enteroviruses and the rhinoviruses...
- Oberste M, Feeroz M, Maher K, Nix W, Engel G, Hasan K, et al. Characterizing the picornavirus landscape among synanthropic nonhuman primates in Bangladesh, 2007 to 2008. J Virol. 2013;87:558-71 pubmed publisher..These findings may have important implications for the health of both human and NHP populations...