Affiliation: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Biofilm formation by gram-negative bacteria on central venous catheter connectors: effect of conditioning films in a laboratory modelR Murga
Biofilm Research Laboratory, Division of Healthcare Quality Promotion, National Center for Infectious Diseases, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 1600 Clifton Road, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
J Clin Microbiol 39:2294-7. 2001..Results suggest that a conditioning film of blood components promotes biofilm formation by these organisms in an in vitro system...
- Role of biofilms in the survival of Legionella pneumophila in a model potable-water systemR Murga
Epidemiology and Laboratory Branch, Division of Healthcare Quality Promotion, National Center for Infectious Diseases, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
Microbiology 147:3121-6. 2001..pneumophila cells present in the biofilm were monitored for 15 d, with and without the presence of H. vermiformis, and it was found that, although unable to replicate in the absence of H. vermiformis, L. pneumophila was able to persist...
- Legionella pneumophila associated with the protozoan Hartmannella vermiformis in a model multi-species biofilm has reduced susceptibility to disinfectantsR M Donlan
Epidemiology and Laboratory Branch, Division of Healthcare Quality Promotion, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta 30333, USA
Biofouling 21:1-7. 2005..A similar pattern was observed for 15 and 60 min contact times. These results indicate that L. pneumophila was less susceptible to MCA or FRC when associated with biofilm-associated H. vermiformis in a model potable water biofilm...
- Protocol for detection of biofilms on needleless connectors attached to central venous cathetersR M Donlan
Hospital Infections Program, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia 30333, USA
J Clin Microbiol 39:750-3. 2001..Sixty-three percent of 24 NCs collected from a bone marrow transplant center contained biofilms comprised primarily of coagulase-negative staphylococci...
- Model system for growing and quantifying Streptococcus pneumoniae biofilms in situ and in real timeR M Donlan
Biofilm Laboratory, ELB DHQP NCID, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Mail Stop C 16, 1600 Clifton Rd, N E, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
Appl Environ Microbiol 70:4980-8. 2004..pneumoniae over time by using multiple, corroborative techniques. This approach could prove useful for the study of biofilm processes of this or other microorganisms of clinical or industrial relevance...