Affiliation: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- The association between sex education and youth's engagement in sexual intercourse, age at first intercourse, and birth control use at first sexTrisha E Mueller
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Division of Reproductive Health, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
J Adolesc Health 42:89-96. 2008..This study examined whether exposure to formal sex education is associated with three sexual behaviors: ever had sexual intercourse, age at first episode of sexual intercourse, and use of birth control at first intercourse...
- Sexual and reproductive health of persons aged 10-24 years - United States, 2002-2007Lorrie Gavin
Division of Reproductive Health, National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion, CDC, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
MMWR Surveill Summ 58:1-58. 2009..g., rates among females aged 15-19 years increased from 1.5 cases per 100,000 population in 2004 to 2.2 cases per 100,000 population in 2006) after a significant decrease during 1997-2005...
- Youth assets and sexual risk behavior: differences between male and female adolescentsTrisha Mueller
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia 30341, USA
Health Educ Behav 37:343-56. 2010..Considering which youth assets and resources are more likely to positively influence sexual behaviors of males and females may be important when planning prevention programs with youth...
- The implementation of a culturally based HIV sexual risk reduction program for Latino youth in a Denver area high schoolTrisha E Mueller
Division of Reproductive Health, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention CDC, Atlanta, GA 30341, USA
AIDS Educ Prev 21:164-70. 2009..Major challenges of program implementation included student recruitment and the "opt in" policy for participation. Despite these challenges, Cuídate! was implemented with minor adaptations in a school setting...
- Character as a predictor of reproductive health outcomes for youth: a systematic reviewLawrence Duane House
Division of Reproductive Health, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA 30341, USA
J Adolesc Health 46:S59-74. 2010..Further research is needed to better understand mixed results and results showing some character sub-constructs, such as religious affiliation, to be associated with adverse ASRH outcomes...