Glenn P Morlock
Affiliation: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- ethA, inhA, and katG loci of ethionamide-resistant clinical Mycobacterium tuberculosis isolatesGlenn P Morlock
Division of AIDS, STD, and TB Laboratory Research, National Center for HIV, STD and TB Prevention, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia 30333, USA
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 47:3799-805. 2003..Mutations within the ethA and inhA structural genes were associated with relatively high levels of ETH resistance. Approximately 76% of isolates resistant to > or =50 microg of ETH per ml had such mutations...
- Multiphasic approach reveals genetic diversity of environmental and patient isolates of Mycobacterium mucogenicum and Mycobacterium phocaicum associated with an outbreak of bacteremias at a Texas hospitalRobert C Cooksey
Mycobacteriology Laboratory Branch, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Mail Stop F08, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
Appl Environ Microbiol 74:2480-7. 2008..S. hospital. The investigation highlights important differences in the available typing methods for mycobacteria and demonstrates the genetic diversity of these organisms even within narrow confines of time and space...
- Molecular detection of mutations associated with first- and second-line drug resistance compared with conventional drug susceptibility testing of Mycobacterium tuberculosisPatricia J Campbell
Mycobacteriology Laboratory Branch, Division of Tuberculosis Elimination, National Center for HIV AIDS, Viral Hepatitis, STD, and TB Prevention, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 1600 Clifton Rd NE, Bldg 17, Room 4029, M S F08, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 55:2032-41. 2011..tuberculosis complex. Further, the results can be used to design diagnostic tests utilizing other mutation detection technologies...
- Rapid detection of multidrug-resistant Mycobacterium tuberculosis by use of real-time PCR and high-resolution melt analysisMelissa V Ramirez
Division of Tuberculosis Elimination, National Center for HIV AIDS, Viral Hepatitis, STD, and TB Prevention, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia 30333, USA
J Clin Microbiol 48:4003-9. 2010..This method provides a rapid, robust, and inexpensive way to detect the dominant mutations known to confer MDR in M. tuberculosis strains and offers several advantages over current molecular and culture-based techniques...
- Identifying Mycobacterium species and strain typing using a microfluidic labchip instrumentRobert C Cooksey
Tuberculosis Mycobacteriology Branch, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Mail Stop F 08, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
Biotechniques 35:786-94. 2003..Patterns were distinct and reproducible for all strains except those with closely related MEE types. The labchip instrument is a versatile alternative for sizing mycobacterial DNA fragments...
- Human tuberculosis due to Mycobacterium bovis in the United States, 1995-2005Michele C Hlavsa
Epidemic Intelligence Service, Office of Workforce and Career Development, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Clin Infect Dis 47:168-75. 2008..The National TB Genotyping Service's work has allowed systematic identification of M. tuberculosis-complex isolates and enabled the first US-wide study of M. bovis TB...
- Mycobacterium cosmeticum sp. nov., a novel rapidly growing species isolated from a cosmetic infection and from a nail salonRobert C Cooksey
Division of AIDS, STD, and TB Laboratory Research, National Center for HIV, STD, and TB Prevention, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
Int J Syst Evol Microbiol 54:2385-91. 2004....
- Temperature-mediated heteroduplex analysis performed by using denaturing high-performance liquid chromatography to identify sequence polymorphisms in Mycobacterium tuberculosis complex organismsRobert C Cooksey
Division of AIDS, STD, and TB Laboratory Research, National Center for Infectious Diseases, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 1600 Clifton Road, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
J Clin Microbiol 40:1610-6. 2002..The method may allow users to detect novel as well as heterogeneous mutations without using expensive kits or detection labels...
- Temperature-mediated heteroduplex analysis for detection of pncA mutations associated with pyrazinamide resistance and differentiation between Mycobacterium tuberculosis and Mycobacterium bovis by denaturing high- performance liquid chromatographyAmr M Mohamed
Department of Pathology and Microbiology, University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, Nebraska 68198-6495, USA
J Clin Microbiol 42:1016-23. 2004..tuberculosis and M. bovis. This approach may allow the detection of drug resistance-associated mutations, with potential application to clinical and epidemiological aspects of tuberculosis control...
- Mutations in katG, inhA, and ahpC genes of Brazilian isoniazid-resistant isolates of Mycobacterium tuberculosisMárcia Susana N Silva
Centro de Desenvolvimento Científico e Tecnológico, Laboratório Central de Saúde Pública, Fundação Estadual de Produção e Pesquisa em Saúde, Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul, Porto Alegre Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil
J Clin Microbiol 41:4471-4. 2003..Mutations in the inhA gene were identified only in one isolate from RJ State, and the ahpC promoter region revealed mutations in distinct positions in 12.9, 21.7, and 6.7% of the isolates from RS, RJ and SP, respectively...
- Isolation and identification of mycobacteria from livestock specimens and milk obtained in BrazilClarice Q Fujimura Leite
Faculdade de Ciencias Farmaceuticas, Araraquara, SP, Brasil
Mem Inst Oswaldo Cruz 98:319-23. 2003..The data demonstrate that animal products in Brazil are frequent reservoirs of mycobacteria and may pose a risk to the public...
- Screening and characterization of mutations in isoniazid-resistant Mycobacterium tuberculosis isolates obtained in BrazilRosilene Fressatti Cardoso
Department of Clincal Analysis, State University of Maring, Paran, Brazil
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 48:3373-81. 2004..Since ca. 90.7% of the INH-resistant isolates had mutations identified by SSCP electrophoresis, this method may be a useful genotypic screen for INH resistance...