Oliver W Morgan
Affiliation: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Household transmission of pandemic (H1N1) 2009, San Antonio, Texas, USA, April-May 2009Oliver W Morgan
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 1600 Clifton Rd NE, Mailstop C12, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
Emerg Infect Dis 16:631-7. 2010..Early in the outbreak, household transmission primarily occurred from children to other household members and was lower than the transmission rate for seasonal influenza...
- Schistosomiasis among recreational users of Upper Nile River, Uganda, 2007Oliver W Morgan
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia 30333, USA
Emerg Infect Dis 16:866-8. 2010..Eighteen percent self-medicated with praziquantel prophylaxis immediately after exposure, which was not appropriate. Travelers to schistosomiasis-endemic areas should consult a travel medicine physician...
- Virus detection and duration of illness among patients with 2009 pandemic influenza A (H1N1) virus infection in TexasAnil Suryaprasad
Epidemic Intelligence Service, Scientific Education and Professional Development Program Office Proposed, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Clin Infect Dis 52:S109-15. 2011..41; 95% CI, .24-.68; P < .001). We detected viral RNA in two participants' stools. All cultures were negative. This investigation suggests that the duration of virus detection was likely similar to the seasonal influenza virus...
- Guillain-Barre syndrome during the 2009-2010 H1N1 influenza vaccination campaign: population-based surveillance among 45 million AmericansMatthew E Wise
Division of Healthcare Quality Promotion, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia 30333, USA
Am J Epidemiol 175:1110-9. 2012..04, 1.56). This excess risk was much smaller than that observed during the 1976 vaccine campaign and was comparable to some previous seasonal influenza vaccine risk assessments...
- Household transmission of 2009 pandemic influenza A (H1N1) and nonpharmaceutical interventions among households of high school students in San Antonio, TexasFleetwood Loustalot
Epidemic Intelligence Service, Office of Workforce and Career Development, Division of Nutrition, Physical Activity and Obesity, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia 30341, USA
Clin Infect Dis 52:S146-53. 2011..The 2009 pandemic provided a unique opportunity to study NPIs, and these real-world experiences provide much-needed data to inform pandemic response policy...
- Filovirus outbreak detection and surveillance: lessons from BundibugyoAdam MacNeil
Viral Special Pathogens Branch, The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia 30333, USA
J Infect Dis 204:S761-7. 2011....
- Population incidence of Guillain-Barré syndrome: a systematic review and meta-analysisJames J Sejvar
Division of High Consequence Pathogens and Pathology and Division of Vector Borne Infectious Diseases, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA, USA
Neuroepidemiology 36:123-33. 2011..Our findings provide a robust estimate of background GBS incidence in Western countries. Our regression model may be used in comparable populations to estimate the background age-specific rate of GBS incidence for future studies...