Tonya R Mixson
Affiliation: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Prevalence of Ehrlichia, Borrelia, and Rickettsial agents in Amblyomma americanum (Acari: Ixodidae) collected from nine statesTonya R Mixson
Viral and Rickettsial Zoonosis Branch, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 1600 Clifton Rd, MS G13, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
J Med Entomol 43:1261-8. 2006..Additional surveillance throughout the range ofA. americanum is warranted to increase physician and public awareness of the risk of disease to humans from exposure to the agents transmitted by this tick...
- Evidence of selective sweeps in genes conferring resistance to chloroquine and pyrimethamine in Plasmodium falciparum isolates in IndiaTonya Mixson-Hayden
Malaria Branch, Division of Parasitic Diseases, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 4770 Buford Highway, MS F 12, Chamblee, GA 30341, USA
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 54:997-1006. 2010..Microsatellites surrounding pfcrt indicate that the resistant genotypes (SVMNT) were most similar to those found in Papua New Guinea...
- Evaluation of three PCR-based diagnostic assays for detecting mixed Plasmodium infectionTonya Mixson-Hayden
Malaria Branch, Division of Parasitic Diseases, National Center for Zoonotic Vector Borne and Enteric Diseases, Coordinating Center for Infectious Diseases, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA, USA
BMC Res Notes 3:88. 2010..To our knowledge, no one has reported whether the two multiplex methods are better at detecting mixed Plasmodium infections compared to the nested assay using known quantities of DNA in experimentally mixed cocktails...
- Geographic distribution and genetic diversity of the Ehrlichia sp. from Panola Mountain in Amblyomma americanumAmanda D Loftis
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
BMC Infect Dis 8:54. 2008..A novel Ehrlichia, closely related to Ehrlichia ruminantium, was recently discovered from Panola Mountain State Park, GA, USA. We conducted a study to determine if this agent was recently introduced into the United States...
- Detection of Ehrlichia chaffeensis in adult and nymphal Amblyomma americanum (Acari: Ixodidae) ticks from Long Island, New YorkTonya R Mixson
Viral and Rickettsial Zoonoses Branch, Division of Viral and Rickettsial Disease, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
J Med Entomol 41:1104-10. 2004..chaffeensis is endemic to many areas of Long Island and that HME should be considered among the differential diagnoses of the many distinct tick-borne diseases that occur in this region...
- Inferring the population structure and demographic history of the tick, Amblyomma americanum LinnaeusTonya R Mixson
Program in Population Biology, Ecology, and Evolution, Graduate Division of Biomedical and Biological Sciences, Emory University, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
J Vector Ecol 31:181-92. 2006..Alternatively, the high degree of panmixia found within A. americanum in Georgia may be due to bird-mediated dispersal of ticks increasing the genetic similarity between geographically separated populations...