Affiliation: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Use of tuberculosis genotyping for postoutbreak monitoringRoque Miramontes
Division of Tuberculosis Elimination, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA, USA
J Public Health Manag Pract 18:375-8. 2012..Review of routinely collected tuberculosis genotyping results following a known outbreak is a potential mechanism to examine the effectiveness of outbreak control measures...
- Outbreak of tuberculosis among Guatemalan immigrants in rural Minnesota, 2008Sara A Lowther
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Epidemic Intelligence Service, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
Public Health Rep 126:726-32. 2011..We described the outbreak investigation and control measures after the Minnesota Department of Health identified a cluster of tuberculosis (TB) cases among Guatemalan immigrants within three rural Minnesota counties in August 2008...
- Predicting U.S. Tuberculosis Case Counts through 2020Rachel S Y E L K Woodruff
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia, United States of America
PLoS ONE 8:e65276. 2013..TB case count predictions will help TB control programs identify needs for cultural competency, such as languages and interpreters needed for translating materials or engaging in appropriate community outreach...
- Tuberculosis among Africans living in the United States, 2000-2009Bisrat K Abraham
Epidemic Intelligence Service, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention CDC, Atlanta, GA, USA
J Immigr Minor Health 15:381-9. 2013..Identification and treatment of latent TB infection, HIV testing and treatment, and a high index of suspicion for extrapulmonary TB are needed to better address TB in this population...
- Public health response to a multidrug-resistant tuberculosis outbreak among Guatemalans in Tennessee, 2007Roque Miramontes
Division of Tuberculosis Elimination, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention CDC, Atlanta, GA, USA
South Med J 103:882-6. 2010....