Shawna L Mercer
Affiliation: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Possible lessons from the tobacco experience for obesity controlShawna L Mercer
Office of Extramural Prevention Research, Public Health Practice Program Office, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA 30341 3724, USA
Am J Clin Nutr 77:1073S-1082S. 2003....
- Study designs for effectiveness and translation research :identifying trade-offsShawna L Mercer
Guide to Community Preventive Services, National Center for Health Marketing, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia 30333, USA
Am J Prev Med 33:139-154. 2007..Investigators, however, face challenges in designing sound effectiveness and translation research with relevance for "real-world" settings...
- Translating evidence into policy: lessons learned from the case of lowering the legal blood alcohol limit for driversShawna L Mercer
Community Guide Branch, Epidemiology and Analysis Program Office Proposed, Office of Surveillance, Epidemiology, and Laboratory Services Proposed, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention CDC, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
Ann Epidemiol 20:412-20. 2010..These lessons learned may help others working to translate evidence into policy...
- Scientific evidence and policy change: lowering the legal blood alcohol limit for drivers to 0.08% in the USADavid A Sleet
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, USA
Glob Health Promot 18:23-6. 2011..The bill was signed into law, making 0.08 the new national standard. Extensive and targeted dissemination of the evidence and recommendations to key stakeholders and partners built support for policy change at the state level...
- Possible lessons for physician counseling on obesity from the progress in smoking cessation in primary careLawrence W Green
Office of Extramural Prevention Research, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA 30341 3724, USA
Forum Nutr 56:191-4. 2003
- Navigating the road ahead: public health challenges and the interactive systems framework for dissemination and implementationRita K Noonan
National Center for Injury Prevention and Control, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 4770 Buford Highway NE, Mailstop F 63, Atlanta, GA 30341, USA
Am J Community Psychol 50:572-80. 2012....
- The scientific basis for law as a public health toolAnthony D Moulton
Public Health Law Program, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, MS D 30, 1600 Clifton Rd, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
Am J Public Health 99:17-24. 2009..Additional primary studies and systematic reviews are needed to address significant gaps in knowledge about the laws' public health impact, as are energetic, sustained initiatives to make the findings available to public policy makers...
- Effectiveness of interventions to increase screening for breast, cervical, and colorectal cancers: nine updated systematic reviews for the guide to community preventive servicesSusan A Sabatino
Division of Cancer Prevention and Control, CDC, Atlanta, Georgia 30341, USA
Am J Prev Med 43:97-118. 2012..This article presents results of updated systematic reviews for nine of these interventions...
- The value and challenges of participatory research: strengthening its practiceMargaret Cargo
Department of Psychiatry and Douglas Mental Health University Institute, McGill University, Verdun, Quebec, Canada
Annu Rev Public Health 29:325-50. 2008..Advances to the practice of PR over the next decade will require establishing the effectiveness of PR in achieving health outcomes and linking PR practices, processes, and core elements to health outcomes...