D V McQueen
Affiliation: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Self-reflections on health promotion in the UK and the USAD V McQueen
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 4770 Buford HWY NE K40, Atlanta GA 30341 3717, USA
Public Health 122:1035-7. 2008..To compare and contrast the past 30-40 years of health promotion in the UK and the USA, and to identify two critical issues that relate to health promotion research and practice in both countries...
- Strengthening the evidence base for health promotionD V McQueen
National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia 30341, USA
Health Promot Int 16:261-8. 2001..A challenge for health promotion in the new century is to foster and develop high quality, widely recognized and acceptable standards for evidence-based evaluation...
- Judging the success of the Global Programme on Health Promotion EffectivenessDavid V McQueen
Promot Educ 10:117-8, 136. 2003
- Developing an evidence-based Guide to Community Preventive Services--methods. The Task Force on Community Preventive ServicesP A Briss
Division of Prevention Research and Analytic Methods, Epidemiology Program Office, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention CDC, Atlanta, Georgia 30341, USA
Am J Prev Med 18:35-43. 2000..Over time, all of these advantages could help to increase agreement regarding appropriate community health strategies and help to increase their implementation...
- Subgroup-specific effects of questionnaire wording on population-based estimates of mammography prevalenceP Z Siegel
Division of Adult and Community Health, National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA, USA
Am J Public Health 91:817-20. 2001..This study investigated whether an apparent downturn in prevalence rates of mammography use reported in the 1992 Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance System (BRFSS) questionnaire resulted from a change in questionnaire wording...
- [Using evidence to assess the effectiveness of health promotion programs: a few fundamental issues]David V McQueen
Centre de Contrôle et Prévention des Maladies des Etats Unis, Atlanta, GA 30341 3717, USA
Promot Educ . 2004..These issues are addressed and the authors conclude on an optimistic note, despite the serious problems that still remain to be solved...
- The momentum for mental health promotionSheree Marshall Williams
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion, Atlanta, GA 30341 3717, USA
Promot Educ . 2005
- The evidence debate broadens: three examplesDavid V McQueen
Soz Praventivmed 48:275-6. 2003
- The European Region's contribution to the Global Programme on Health Promotion Effectiveness (GPHPE)Catherine Jones
Promot Educ . 2005
- Evaluating the effectiveness of health promotion policy: changes in the law on drinking and driving in CaliforniaStefano Campostrini
Department of Applied Statistics and Economics, University of Pavia, Corso Strada Nuova, 6527100 Pavia, Italy
Health Promot Int 21:130-5. 2006..Further, the study demonstrates the utility of comparing different data sources when assessing a population-wide change in health promotion policy...
- Shaping the future of health promotion: priorities for actionDavid V McQueen
Promot Educ 14:193, 254, 268. 2007
- Enhancing regional capacity in chronic disease surveillance in the AmericasBernard C K Choi
Centre for Chronic Disease Prevention and Control, Public Health Agency of Canada, Government of Canada, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Rev Panam Salud Publica 17:130-41. 2005