Scott Jn McNabb
Affiliation: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- DNA fngerprinting of Mycobacterium tuberculosis: lessons learned and implications for the futureScott J N McNabb
Centers for Disesase Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
Emerg Infect Dis 8:1314-9. 2002..Although challenges and limitations to the use of DNA fingerprinting exist, the widespread implementation of the technique into routine TB prevention and control practices appears scientifically justified...
- Added epidemiologic value to tuberculosis prevention and control of the investigation of clustered genotypes of Mycobacterium tuberculosis isolatesScott J N McNabb
Division of Tuberculosis Elimination, National Center for HIV, STD, and TB Prevention, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
Am J Epidemiol 160:589-97. 2004..Cluster investigations will play a crucial role in predicting recent tuberculosis transmission more accurately, as we move toward tuberculosis elimination in the United States...
- Assessment of the infectious diseases surveillance system of the Republic of Armenia: an example of surveillance in the Republics of the former Soviet UnionTadesse Wuhib
Division of HIV AIDS Prevention, National Center for HIV, STD, and TB Prevention, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA, USA
BMC Public Health 2:3. 2002..At the request of seven FSU Ministries of Health, we performed assessments of the IDSS designed to guide reform. The assessment of the Armenian infectious diseases surveillance system (AIDSS) is presented here as a prototype...
- Pulmonary impairment after tuberculosis and its contribution to TB burdenJotam G Pasipanodya
Department of Medicine, University of North Texas Health Science Center at Fort Worth, Fort Worth, Texas, USA
BMC Public Health 10:259. 2010..We assessed the burden of TB including pulmonary impairment after tuberculosis in Tarrant County, Texas using Disability-adjusted Life Years (DALYs)...
- Conceptual framework of public health surveillance and action and its application in health sector reformScott J N McNabb
Division of Tuberculosis Elimination, National Center for HIV, STD, and TB Prevention, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA, USA
BMC Public Health 2:2. 2002..These meetings emphasized improved epidemic preparedness, epidemic response, and highlighted standardized assessment and reform...