Scott Jn McNabb
Affiliation: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- DNA fngerprinting of Mycobacterium tuberculosis: lessons learned and implications for the futureScott J N McNabb
Centers for Disesase Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
Emerg Infect Dis 8:1314-9. 2002..Although challenges and limitations to the use of DNA fingerprinting exist, the widespread implementation of the technique into routine TB prevention and control practices appears scientifically justified...
- Added epidemiologic value to tuberculosis prevention and control of the investigation of clustered genotypes of Mycobacterium tuberculosis isolatesScott J N McNabb
Division of Tuberculosis Elimination, National Center for HIV, STD, and TB Prevention, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
Am J Epidemiol 160:589-97. 2004..Cluster investigations will play a crucial role in predicting recent tuberculosis transmission more accurately, as we move toward tuberculosis elimination in the United States...
- Assessment of the infectious diseases surveillance system of the Republic of Armenia: an example of surveillance in the Republics of the former Soviet UnionTadesse Wuhib
Division of HIV/AIDS Prevention, National Center for HIV, STD, and TB Prevention, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA, USA
BMC Public Health 2:3. 2002..The flexibility, representativeness, and timeliness were good because of a comprehensive health-care system and compulsory reporting. Some data were questionable and some had no utility...
- Pulmonary impairment after tuberculosis and its contribution to TB burdenJotam G Pasipanodya
Department of Medicine, University of North Texas Health Science Center at Fort Worth, Fort Worth, Texas, USA
BMC Public Health 10:259. 2010..We assessed the burden of TB including pulmonary impairment after tuberculosis in Tarrant County, Texas using Disability-adjusted Life Years (DALYs)...
- Conceptual framework of public health surveillance and action and its application in health sector reformScott J N McNabb
Division of Tuberculosis Elimination, National Center for HIV, STD, and TB Prevention, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA, USA
BMC Public Health 2:2. 2002..This reform approach leads to sustained capacity development by an empowerment strategy defined as facilitated, process-oriented action steps transforming staff and the system...