Lela R McKnight-Eily
Affiliation: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Relationships between hours of sleep and health-risk behaviors in US adolescent studentsLela R McKnight-Eily
National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA 30341, USA
Prev Med 53:271-3. 2011..To examine associations between insufficient sleep (<8h on average school nights) and health-risk behaviors...
- Prevalence of insufficient, borderline, and optimal hours of sleep among high school students - United States, 2007Danice K Eaton
Division of Adolescent and School Health, National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia 30341, USA
J Adolesc Health 46:399-401. 2010..Most students (68.9%) reported insufficient sleep, whereas few (7.6%) reported optimal sleep. The prevalence of insufficient sleep was highest among female and black students, and students in grades 11 and 12...
- State and local area estimates of depression and anxiety among adults with disabilities in 2006Catherine A Okoro
U S Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA 30341, USA
Disabil Health J 4:78-90. 2011..Depression and anxiety are prevalent among adults with disabilities. However, little is known regarding the geographic variability of depression and anxiety among adults with disabilities in the United States...
- Collaborative care to improve the management of depressive disorders: a community guide systematic review and meta-analysisAnilkrishna B Thota
Community Guide Branch, Epidemiology and Analysis Program Office, Office of Surveillance, Epidemiology, and Laboratory Services, CDC, Atlanta, Georgia 30333, USA
Am J Prev Med 42:525-38. 2012....
- Mental illness surveillance among adults in the United StatesWilliam C Reeves
Public Health Surveillance Program Office, CDC, 1600 Clifton Rd, N E, MS E 97, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
MMWR Surveill Summ 60:1-29. 2011..Many mental illnesses can be managed successfully, and increasing access to and use of mental health treatment services could substantially reduce the associated morbidity...
- Activity limitation, chronic disease, and comorbid serious psychological distress in U.S. adults--BRFSS 2007Lela R McKnight-Eily
Division of Adult and Community Health, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 4770 Buford Highway N E, Atlanta, GA 30341 3717, USA
Int J Public Health 54:111-9. 2009..S. adults. The associations between frequent activity limitation, chronic diseases, and comorbid serious psychological distress (SPD) were also examined...
- Relationship between body mass index and perceived insufficient sleep among U.S. adults: an analysis of 2008 BRFSS dataAnne G Wheaton
Division of Adult and Community Health, National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 4770 Buford Highway NE, Mailstop K 67, Atlanta, GA 30041, USA
BMC Public Health 11:295. 2011..The objective of this study was to determine whether perceived insufficient sleep was associated with body mass index (BMI) in a national sample...
- Smoking characteristics of adults with selected lifetime mental illnesses: results from the 2007 National Health Interview SurveyAnnette K McClave
Office on Smoking and Health, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA 30341, USA
Am J Public Health 100:2464-72. 2010..We estimated smoking prevalence, frequency, intensity, and cessation attempts among US adults with selected diagnosed lifetime mental illnesses...
- Associations between Overall and Abdominal Obesity and Suicidal Ideation among US Adult WomenGuixiang Zhao
Division of Behavioral Surveillance, Public Health Surveillance Program Office, Office of Surveillance, Epidemiology and Laboratory Services, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
J Obes 2012:263142. 2012..Thus, the previously reported association between obesity and suicidal ideation appears to be confounded by coexistence of chronic conditions and current depression among women of the United States...
- Prevalence and correlates of current depressive symptomatology and lifetime diagnosis of depression in Black womenLela R McKnight-Eily
Division of Adult and Community Health, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 770 Buford Hwy NE MS K 67, Atlanta, GA, 30341 3717, USA
Womens Health Issues 19:243-52. 2009..There is a paucity of research on depressive symptoms and their correlates among Black women, which may contribute to underdiagnosis, misdiagnosis, and inappropriate treatment...