Affiliation: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Population-based study of a widespread outbreak of diarrhea associated with increased mortality and malnutrition in Botswana, January-March, 2006Ondrej Mach
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia 30333, USA
Am J Trop Med Hyg 80:812-8. 2009..This survey highlights the need for safe infant feeding and effective treatment of malnutrition and diarrhea in young children...
- Hospitalization and mortality among primarily nonbreastfed children during a large outbreak of diarrhea and malnutrition in Botswana, 2006Tracy L Creek
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Global AIDS Program, 1600 Clifton Rd NE, Mailstop E 04, Atlanta, GA 30033, USA
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 53:14-9. 2010..Botswana has high HIV prevalence among pregnant women (33.4% in 2005), and an estimated 35% of all infants under the age of 6 months are not breastfed...
- Stability of the age distribution of measles cases over time during outbreaks in Bangladesh, 2004-2006Eric Wiesen
Global Immunization Division, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia 30333, USA
J Infect Dis 204:S414-20. 2011..These findings suggest a need to consider the possibility of a shift in the age distribution over time when planning an outbreak response vaccination campaign...
- Measles outbreak in Tanzania, 2006-2007James L Goodson
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Global Immunization Division, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
Vaccine 28:5979-85. 2010..4, p=0.01), being younger, and having a less-educated caretaker. Vaccine effectiveness was 88% (one dose) and 96% (two doses). Results highlight the importance of receiving one dose of measles vaccine, and the added benefit of two doses...
- Etiology of a suspected measles outbreak: preceding measles reduction activities in PakistanAdam L Cohen
Respiratory Diseases Branch, Division of Bacterial Diseases, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia 30333, USA
J Coll Physicians Surg Pak 19:591-4. 2009..To characterize patients with suspected measles, determine the magnitude of the outbreak in selected areas, and perform laboratory testing on patients with suspected measles to confirm the etiology of the outbreak...