Ira M Lubin
Affiliation: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Results of a survey of hospital coagulation laboratories in the United States, 2001Shahram Shahangian
Division of Laboratory Services, Coordinating Center for Health Information and Service, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA 30341 3717, USA
Arch Pathol Lab Med 129:47-60. 2005..Coagulation and bleeding problems are associated with substantial morbidity and mortality, and inappropriate testing practices may lead to bleeding or thrombotic complications...
- Ordering molecular genetic tests and reporting results: practices in laboratory and clinical settingsIra M Lubin
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 1600 Clifton Rd NE, MS G23, Atlanta, Georgia 30333, USA
J Mol Diagn 10:459-68. 2008..These findings are reviewed in light of what efforts should be taken to improve the quality of test-ordering and result-reporting practices...
- Clinician perspectives about molecular genetic testing for heritable conditions and development of a clinician-friendly laboratory reportIra M Lubin
Division of Laboratory Systems, NCPDCID, CCID, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 4770 Buford Hwy, MS G23, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
J Mol Diagn 11:162-71. 2009..The format of these model test reports, which are applicable to a variety of molecular genetic tests, should be useful for communicating essential information from the laboratory to health care professionals...
- Genetic laboratory practices related to testing of the GJB2 (Connexin-26) gene in the United States in 1999 and 2000Aileen Kenneson
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, National Center on Birth Defects and Development Disabilities, Atlanta, GA 30341 3724, USA
Genet Test 7:49-56. 2003..We propose that these results reflect changes occurring as a result of a new test moving from the research to the clinical phase...
- Quality assurance in human molecular genetics testing: status and recommendationsLaurina O Williams
Division of Laboratory Systems, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA 30341, USA
Arch Pathol Lab Med 127:1353-8. 2003..The principle that high-quality genetic testing is important for public health motivated the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention to formulate ways for improving quality assurance of human molecular genetics testing...
- Current landscape and new paradigms of proficiency testing and external quality assessment for molecular geneticsLisa V Kalman
Laboratory Research and Evaluation Branch, Division of Laboratory Science and Standards, Office of Surveillance, Epidemiology, and Laboratory Services, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia 30333, USA
Arch Pathol Lab Med 137:983-8. 2013..New PT/EQA approaches are needed to ensure the continued quality of these complex tests...
- Developing a sustainable process to provide quality control materials for genetic testingBin Chen
Quality Control Materials for Genetic Testing Group, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia 30341, USA
Genet Med 7:534-49. 2005....
- A primer on genetic testingCarolyn M Constantin
Division of Laboratory Services, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, USA
J Midwifery Womens Health 50:197-204. 2005..The purpose of this primer is to provide a basic understanding of genetic testing, discuss current issues related to the use of tests, and outline practical steps for critically using genetic tests in clinical practice...
- Molecular genetic testing in the United States: comparison with international practiceMargaret M McGovern
Department of Pediatrics, Stony Brook University School of Medicine, Stony Brook, New York 11794 8111, USA
Genet Test 12:187-93. 2008..To compare data on the practices of molecular genetic testing (MGT) in laboratories in the United States with those in 18 other countries...
- Personnel standards and quality assurance practices of biochemical genetic testing laboratories in the United StatesMargaret M McGovern
Arch Pathol Lab Med 127:71-6. 2003..However, a study designed to determine clinical laboratory practices with regard to biochemical genetic testing has not been carried out...
- Medical genetic test reporting for cystic fibrosis (deltaF508) and factor V Leiden in North American laboratoriesHans C Andersson
Human Genetics Program, Hayward Genetics Center, Tulane University School of Medicine, New Orleans, Louisiana 70112, USA
Genet Med 4:324-7. 2002....
- International genetic testingSuzanne M Cox
Association of Schools of Public Health, Washington DC, USA
Genet Med 5:176-82. 2003
- Report of an international survey of molecular genetic testing laboratoriesMargaret M McGovern
Departments of Human Genetics and Pediatrics, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY 10029, USA
Community Genet 10:123-31. 2007..To collect data on the practices of molecular genetic testing (MGT) laboratories for the development of national and international policies for quality assurance (QA)...
- Physicians' perceived usefulness of and satisfaction with test reports for cystic fibrosis (DeltaF508) and factor V LeidenMarie Krousel-Wood
Tulane University Health Sciences Center, Outcomes Assessment Department, Ochsner Clinic Foundation, New Orleans, Louisiana 70112, USA
Genet Med 5:166-71. 2003..We sought to determine whether variation in test-report content for cystic fibrosis (CF DeltaF508) and factor V Leiden (fVL) would impact physician-perceived usefulness of and satisfaction with test reports...