Catherine A Lesesne
Affiliation: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder in school-aged children: association with maternal mental health and use of health care resourcesCatherine A Lesesne
National Center on Birth Defects and Developmental Disabilities, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia 30333, USA
Pediatrics 111:1232-7. 2003....
- Starting early: promoting the mental health of women and girls throughout the life spanCatherine A Lesesne
National Center on Birth Defects and Developmental Disabilities, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, MS E 88, Atlanta, Georgia 30333, USA
J Womens Health (Larchmt) 14:754-63. 2005..Ultimately, this report challenges the women's health and public health communities to take action because mental health can have a serious impact on lifelong well-being...
- Promoting science-based approaches to teen pregnancy prevention: proactively engaging the three systems of the interactive systems frameworkCatherine A Lesesne
Division of Reproductive Health, Applied Sciences Branch, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 4770 Buford Highway, MS K 22, Atlanta, GA 30341, USA
Am J Community Psychol 41:379-92. 2008..The program's ongoing evaluation is presented as an example of early efforts to develop an evidence base around the ISF. Research implications are discussed...
- Emotional and behavioral difficulties and impairments in everyday functioning among children with a history of attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorderTara W Strine
Division of Adult and Community Health, National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 4770 Buford Hwy NE, Mail Stop K 66, Atlanta, GA 30341, USA
Prev Chronic Dis 3:A52. 2006..However, little is known about the spectrum of emotional and behavioral problems and areas of impairment among children with a history of ADHD in nonclinical, nationally representative samples...
- Developing a prevention synthesis and translation system to promote science-based approaches to teen pregnancy, HIV and STI preventionKelly M Lewis
Psychology Department, Georgia State University, PO Box 5010, Atlanta, GA 30302 5010, USA
Am J Community Psychol 50:553-71. 2012..Practice-oriented evaluation data are also presented. Implications for practice, policy and research are discussed...
- National estimates and factors associated with medication treatment for childhood attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorderSusanna N Visser
National Center on Birth Defects and Developmental Disabilities, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 1600 Clifton Rd, Mailstop E 88, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
Pediatrics 119:S99-106. 2007..In this study we identified child and family-level characteristics that were associated with medication treatment for attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder using nationally representative survey data...
- The epidemiology of attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD): a public health viewAndrew S Rowland
MPH Program, Department of Family and Community Medicine, University of New Mexico Health Sciences Center, Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA
Ment Retard Dev Disabil Res Rev 8:162-70. 2002..Population-based epidemiologic studies may shed important new light on how we understand ADHD, its natural history, its treatment and its consequences...