Affiliation: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- In snow's footsteps: Commentary on shoe-leather and applied epidemiologyDenise Koo
Scientific Education and Professional Development Program Office, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia 30333, USA
Am J Epidemiol 172:737-9. 2010....
- Public health 101 for informaticiansD Koo
Epidemiology Program Office, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia 30333, USA
J Am Med Inform Assoc 8:585-97. 2001..Clinical informaticians and others in the health care system are crucial partners in addressing the challenges and opportunities offered by public health informatics...
- Outcome-based workforce development and education in public healthDenise Koo
United States Public Health Service, Office of Workforce and Career Development, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia 30333, USA
Annu Rev Public Health 31:253-69 1 p following 269. 2010....
- The education of physicians: a CDC perspectiveDenise Koo
Career Development Division, Office of Workforce and Career Development, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
Acad Med 83:399-407. 2008....
- Public health informatics: improving and transforming public health in the information ageW A Yasnoff
Public Health Practice Program Office, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention CDC, Atlanta, Georgia 30333, USA
J Public Health Manag Pract 6:67-75. 2000..Application of PHI principles provides unprecedented opportunities to build healthier communities...
- Informatics and public health at CDCScott J N McNabb
Division of Integrated Surveillance Systems and Services, National Center for Public Health Informatics, CDC, 2500 Century Parkway, MS E 91, Atlanta, GA 30345, USA
MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep 55:25-8. 2006..They develop and deploy information technology solutions that provide accurate, timely, and secure information to guide public health action...
- Epidemiologic clues to bioterrorismTracee A Treadwell
Bioterrorism Preparedness and Response Program, National Center for Infectious Diseases, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
Public Health Rep 118:92-8. 2003..They also describe briefly the general process of involvement of agencies at various levels of government, public health and non-public health, depending on the extent of an outbreak or level of suspicion...
- Career paths to public health: programs at the Centers for Disease Control and PreventionStephen B Thacker
Office of Workforce and Career Development, CDC, Atlanta, Georgia 30333, USA
Am J Prev Med 35:279-83. 2008..These activities also provide a nexus for working with both traditional partners in academia and public health and new academic partners to foster programs of mutual interest...
- Statutory basis for public health reporting beyond specific diseasesClaire V Broome
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Department of Health and Human Services, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
J Urban Health 80:i14-22. 2003..The intent of these reporting laws and the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act Privacy Rule is to support this critical disease surveillance function for the benefit of the entire population...
- Mandatory reporting of diseases and conditions by health care professionals and laboratoriesS Roush
Council of State and Territorial Epidemiologists, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
JAMA 282:164-70. 1999..Systematic reporting by health care professionals and laboratories, which may vary by state law, statute, or regulation, continues to provide essential data for assessing public health...
- Applied epidemiology elective at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 1997-2002Dhruti Contractor
Am J Prev Med 26:254-5. 2004
- Developing competencies for applied epidemiology: from process to productGuthrie S Birkhead
Center for Community Health, New York State Department of Health, Albany, NY 12237 0658, USA
Public Health Rep 123:67-118. 2008..s...
- Competency-based epidemiologic training in public health practiceDenise Koo
Public Health Rep 123:1-3. 2008
- Improving competencies for public health emergency legal preparednessKristine M Gebbie
Columbia University School of Nursing, USA
J Law Med Ethics 36:52-6. 2008
- Public health, data standards, and vocabulary: crucial infrastructure for reliable public health surveillanceChristopher G Chute
Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota, USA
J Public Health Manag Pract 8:11-7. 2002....
- Leveraging syndromic surveillanceDenise Koo
J Public Health Manag Pract 11:181-3. 2005