David L Kirschke
Affiliation: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Outbreak of joint and soft-tissue infections associated with injections from a multiple-dose medication vialDavid L Kirschke
Epidemiology Program Office, Epidemic Intelligence Service, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA, USA and Tennessee Department of Health, Nashville, TN, USA
Clin Infect Dis 36:1369-73. 2003..aureus in MDVs of lidocaine revealed prolonged survival at refrigerator temperatures. This outbreak highlights the importance of strict attention to aseptic procedures and carefully following manufacturers' instructions when using MDVs...
- Childhood immunization rates before and after the implementation of Medicaid managed careDavid L Kirschke
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Epidemic Intelligence Service, Atlanta, GA, USA
Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med 158:230-5. 2004..To evaluate trends in childhood immunization coverage after implementation of Medicaid managed care in Tennessee (TennCare) in 1994...
- Photokeratitis and UV-radiation burns associated with damaged metal halide lampsDavid L Kirschke
Epidemic Intelligence Service, Epidemiology Program Office and the National Center for Environmental Health, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA, USA
Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med 158:372-6. 2004..We investigated 3 outbreaks of photokeratitis and UV-radiation burns in gymnasiums associated with failure to heed these recommendations...
- Outbreak of aseptic meningitis associated with echovirus 13David L Kirschke
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Nashville, TN, USA
Pediatr Infect Dis J 21:1034-8. 2002..We investigated a large outbreak in Shelby County, TN, to determine the characteristics and clinical manifestations of echovirus 13 meningitis...
- Pseudomonas aeruginosa and Serratia marcescens contamination associated with a manufacturing defect in bronchoscopesDavid L Kirschke
Epidemic Intelligence Service, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, USA
N Engl J Med 348:214-20. 2003..We conducted an investigation of P. aeruginosa and S. marcescens isolates related to bronchoscopy at a community hospital...
- Case series: outbreak of conversion disorder among amish adolescent girlsJoslyn D Cassady
Epidemiology Program Office, Epidemic Intelligence Service, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA, USA
J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 44:291-7. 2005..Outbreak investigations are challenging in a cross-cultural context, and outbreaks of psychiatric disease are rare in any community. We investigated a cluster of unexplained debilitating illness among Amish girls...
- Comparative effectiveness of antibiotic treatment strategies for pediatric skin and soft-tissue infectionsDerek J Williams
Department of Pediatrics, School of Medicine and Monroe Carell Jr Children s Hospital, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, Tennessee 37232 2573, USA
Pediatrics 128:e479-87. 2011..To compare the effectiveness of clindamycin, trimethoprim-sulfamethoxazole, and β-lactams for the treatment of pediatric skin and soft-tissue infections (SSTIs)...
- Fatal inhalational anthrax in a 94-year-old Connecticut womanLydia A Barakat
Department of Infectious Diseases, Griffin Hospital, 130 Division St, Derby, CT 06418, USA
JAMA 287:863-8. 2002..The source of exposure to B anthracis in this patient is not known. Exposure to mail that was cross-contaminated as it passed through postal facilities contaminated with B anthracis spores is one hypothesis under investigation...