Robert D Kirkcaldy
Affiliation: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Neisseria gonorrhoeae antimicrobial resistance among men who have sex with men and men who have sex exclusively with women: the Gonococcal Isolate Surveillance Project, 2005-2010Robert D Kirkcaldy
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 1600 Clifton Road, Mailstop E 02, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
Ann Intern Med 158:321-8. 2013..Gonococcal fluoroquinolone resistance emerged more rapidly among men who have sex with men (MSM) than men who have sex exclusively with women (MSW)...
- Trichomonas vaginalis antimicrobial drug resistance in 6 US cities, STD Surveillance Network, 2009-2010Robert D Kirkcaldy
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia 30333, USA
Emerg Infect Dis 18:939-43. 2012..Results highlight the possibility that reliance on a single class of antimicrobial drugs for treating T. vaginalis infections may heighten vulnerability to emergence of resistance. Thus, novel treatment options are needed...
- Epidemiology of syphilis among Hispanic women and associations with congenital syphilis, Maricopa county, ArizonaRobert D Kirkcaldy
Office of Workforce Development, Epidemic Intelligence Service, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
Sex Transm Dis 38:598-602. 2011..We investigated factors associated with high rates of congenital syphilis among Hispanic infants in Maricopa County, AZ...
- Gonococcal resistance: are cephalosporins next?Robert D Kirkcaldy
Division of STD Prevention, National Center for HIV, Hepatitis, STD, and TB Prevention, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 1600 Clifton Road, E 02, Atlanta, GA, 30333, USA
Curr Infect Dis Rep 13:196-204. 2011....
- Trends in antimicrobial resistance in Neisseria gonorrhoeae in the USA: the Gonococcal Isolate Surveillance Project (GISP), January 2006-June 2012Robert D Kirkcaldy
Division of STD Prevention, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Sex Transm Infect 89:iv5-10. 2013..Neisseria gonorrhoeae has progressively developed resistance to sulfonamides, penicillin, tetracycline and fluoroquinolones, and gonococcal susceptibility to cephalosporins has been declining worldwide...