Andrea A Kim
Affiliation: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Short communication: HIV incidence among vulnerable populations in Honduras: results from an integrated behavioral and biological survey among female sex workers, men who have sex with men, and Garifuna in Honduras, 2006Andrea A Kim
HHS Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Division of Global HIV AIDS, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses 29:516-9. 2013..Targeted programs on HIV prevention, care, and treatment are urgently needed for the MSM population. Continued support for existing prevention programs for FSWs and Garifuna are recommended...
- Adverse Events in HIV-Infected Persons Receiving Antiretroviral Drug Regimens in a Large Urban Slum in Nairobi, Kenya, 2003-2005Andrea A Kim
Global AIDS Program, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention CDC, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
J Int Assoc Physicians AIDS Care (Chic) 6:206-9. 2007..62, 0.42, and 0.21, respectively, and 0.99 at 6, 12, and 18 months. Conclusions: ART toxicities were frequent, but severe toxicities were less common. In resource-limited settings, ART toxicity should not represent a barrier to care...
- HIV infection among internally displaced women and women residing in river populations along the Congo River, Democratic Republic of CongoAndrea A Kim
National Center for HIV, Hepatitis, STD, and TB Prevention, US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
AIDS Behav 13:914-20. 2009..Targeted prevention, care, and treatment services are urgently needed for the IDP population and surrounding host communities during displacement and resettlement...
- Evaluating the BED capture enzyme immunoassay to estimate HIV incidence among adults in three countries in sub-Saharan AfricaAndrea A Kim
Global AIDS Program, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention CDC, Atlanta, Georgia 30333, USA
AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses 26:1051-61. 2010..Until improved assays are available, caution should be applied in the use and interpretation of data from incidence assays...
- Estimating HIV incidence among adults in Kenya and Uganda: a systematic comparison of multiple methodsAndrea A Kim
HHS Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia, United States of America
PLoS ONE 6:e17535. 2011..Several approaches have been used for measuring HIV incidence in large areas, yet each presents specific challenges in incidence estimation...
- Factors associated with HIV infection in married or cohabitating couples in Kenya: results from a nationally representative studyReinhard Kaiser
Center for Global Health, Division of Global HIV AIDS, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Nairobi, Kenya
PLoS ONE 6:e17842. 2011..In order to inform prevention programming, we analyzed HIV discordance and concordance within couples in the Kenya AIDS Indicator Survey (KAIS) 2007...
- Correlates of bisexual behaviors among men who have sex with men in El SalvadorEvelyn J Kim
Division of Global HIV AIDS, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 1600 Clifton Road NE, MS E 30, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
AIDS Behav 17:1279-87. 2013..22-0.75). Bisexual behavior was associated with risk behaviors with male and female partners that may be associated with HIV and STI transmission. Bisexual men displayed a distinct identity calling for tailored interventions...
- Detection of recent HIV-1 infection using a new limiting-antigen avidity assay: potential for HIV-1 incidence estimates and avidity maturation studiesYen T Duong
Division of Global HIV AIDS, Center for Global Health, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia, United States of America
PLoS ONE 7:e33328. 2012..We previously described a single-well limiting-antigen avidity enzyme immunoassay (LAg-Avidity EIA) to detect recent HIV-1 infection...
- Prevalence of infection with hepatitis B and C viruses and co-infection with HIV in three jails: a case for viral hepatitis prevention in jails in the United StatesKaren A Hennessey
Division of Viral Hepatitis, National Center for HIV AIDS, Viral Hepatitis, STD and TB Prevention NCHHSTP, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention CDC, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
J Urban Health 86:93-105. 2009..The finding that hepatitis B vaccination coverage among jail entrants is lower than the general population, despite this population's increased risk for infection, highlights the need to support vaccination in jail settings...