Scott E Kellerman
Affiliation: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Prevalence of chronic hepatitis B and incidence of acute hepatitis B infection in human immunodeficiency virus-infected subjectsScott E Kellerman
Surveillance Branch, Division of HIV AIDS Prevention, Surveillance and Epidemiology, National Center for HIV, STD, and TB Prevention, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia 30306, USA
J Infect Dis 188:571-7. 2003..HBV remains an important cause of comorbidity in HIV-infected persons, but ART and vaccination are associated with decreased disease...
- The economic burden of HIV in the United States in the era of highly active antiretroviral therapy: evidence of continuing racial and ethnic differencesAngela B Hutchinson
Division of HIV AIDS Prevention, National Center for HIV, STD, and TB Prevention, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention CDC, 1600 Clifton Road NE, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 43:451-7. 2006..Assessing the economic burden of HIV/AIDS can help to quantify the effect of the epidemic on a population and assist policy makers in allocating public health resources...
- HIV testing within at-risk populations in the United States and the reasons for seeking or avoiding HIV testingScott E Kellerman
National Center for HIV, STD, and TB Prevention, Division of HIV AIDS Prevention Surveillance and Epidemiology, Surveillance Branch, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 31:202-10. 2002..We determined proportions of high-risk persons tested for HIV, the reasons for testing and not testing, and attitudes and perceptions regarding HIV testing, information that is critical for planning prevention programs...
- Genotype-specific carriage of Neisseria meningitidis in Georgia counties with hyper- and hyposporadic rates of meningococcal diseaseScott E Kellerman
Division of Public Health, Georgia Public Health Laboratory, Georgia Department of Human Resources, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, USA
J Infect Dis 186:40-8. 2002..Shifts in carriage and transmission of meningococcal strains with different pathogenic potential are important determinants of meningococcal disease incidence...
- Striving toward comprehensive HIV/AIDS surveillance: the view from New York CityLucia V Torian
HIV Epidemiology Program, New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene, 125 Worth St, CN#44, New York, NY 10013, USA
Public Health Rep 122:4-6. 2007
- Knowledge and use of HIV pre-exposure prophylaxis among attendees of minority gay pride events, 2004Scott E Kellerman
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 43:376-7. 2006
- Use of and exposure to HIV prevention programs and services by persons at high risk for HIVScott E Kellerman
City of New York, Department of Health and Mental Hygiene, Bureau of HIV AIDS Prevention and Control, New York, New York 10013, USA
AIDS Patient Care STDS 20:391-8. 2006..Prevention initiatives should focus on counseling and testing, skills-building, and prevention supplies...
- Population prevalence of reported and unreported HIV and related behaviors among the household adult population in New York City, 2004Trang Quyen Nguyen
New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene, New York City, NY 10013, USA
AIDS 22:281-7. 2008..Surveillance for HIV likely underestimates infection among the general population: 25% of US residents are estimated to be unaware of their HIV infection...
- HIV counseling and testing: less targeting, more testingDouglas J Koo
Am J Public Health 96:962-4. 2006
- Applying public health principles to the HIV epidemicThomas R Frieden
New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene, New York, USA
N Engl J Med 353:2397-402. 2005
- Intentional self-inoculation with HIV-positive blood: a case series from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention HIV/AIDS Surveillance SystemScott E Kellerman
AIDS 18:965-8. 2004
- Conspiracy beliefs and trust in information about HIV/AIDS among minority men who have sex with menAngela B Hutchinson
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 45:603-5. 2007