Marion A Kainer
Affiliation: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Saline-filled breast implant contamination with Curvularia species among women who underwent cosmetic breast augmentationMarion A Kainer
Epidemic Intelligence Service, Division of Applied Public Health Training, Epidemiology Program Office, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
J Infect Dis 192:170-7. 2005..During December 2000-July 2001, black sediment was noted in saline-filled silicone breast implants of women who had undergone revision surgery at facility A. Curvularia fungus was isolated from implant saline...
- National outbreak of Acanthamoeba keratitis associated with use of a contact lens solution, United StatesJennifer R Verani
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia 30333, USA
Emerg Infect Dis 15:1236-42. 2009..Premarket standardized testing of contact lens solutions for activity against Acanthamoeba spp. is warranted...
- Response to emerging infection leading to outbreak of linezolid-resistant enterococciMarion A Kainer
Tennessee Department of Health, Communicable and Environmental Disease Services, Nashville, Tennessee 37243, USA
Emerg Infect Dis 13:1024-30. 2007..1 per day), and duration of preceding linezolid therapy (AOR 1.1 per day). Linezolid exposure and patient-to-patient transmission appear to be responsible for LRE infections, an important emeraina hospital problem...
- Outbreak of late-onset group B Streptococcus in a neonatal intensive care unitJennifer K MacFarquhar
Epidemic Intelligence Service, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA, USA
Am J Infect Control 38:283-8. 2010..In September 2007, the Tennessee Department of Health was notified of a cluster of late-onset group B streptococcal (GBS) infections in a neonatal intensive care unit (NICU). Outbreaks of late-onset GBS are rare...
- Multistate outbreak of Burkholderia cenocepacia colonization and infection associated with the use of intrinsically contaminated alcohol-free mouthwashPreeta K Kutty
Division of Healthcare Quality Promotion, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 1600 Clifton Rd NE, MS A47, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
Chest 132:1825-31. 2007..In 2005, we investigated a multistate outbreak of Burkholderia cenocepacia associated with an intrinsically contaminated alcohol-free mouthwash (AFM)...
- Multistate outbreak of Fusarium keratitis associated with use of a contact lens solutionDouglas C Chang
Mycotic Diseases Branch, Career Development Division, Office of Workforce and Career Development, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA, USA
JAMA 296:953-63. 2006..Beginning in March 2006, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention received multiple reports of Fusarium keratitis among contact lens wearers...
- Neonatal sepsis in Egypt associated with bacterial contamination of glucose-containing intravenous fluidsKelly L Moore
Division of Healthcare Quality Promotion, National Center for Infectious Diseases, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Public Health Service, United States Department of Health and Human Services, Atlanta, GA, USA
Pediatr Infect Dis J 24:590-4. 2005..CONCLUSION: Extrinsically contaminated i.v. fluids resulted in sepsis and deaths. Standard infection control precautions significantly improve mortality and sepsis rates and are prerequisites for safe NICU care...
- Clostridium infections associated with musculoskeletal-tissue allograftsMarion A Kainer
Epidemic Intelligence Service, Division of Applied Public Health Training, Epidemiology Program Office, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, USA
N Engl J Med 350:2564-71. 2004....
- Correction: Infections and musculoskeletal-tissue allograftsMarion A Kainer
N Engl J Med 351:397-8; discussion 397-8. 2004
- Allograft transplantation in the knee: tissue regulation, procurement, processing, and sterilizationC Thomas Vangsness
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Keck School of Medicine at the University of Southern California, Los Angeles, California 90033-4608, USA
Am J Sports Med 31:474-81. 2003..Orthopaedic surgeons who use allograft tissue must understand the tissue banking process to provide safe and effective tissues to their patients...
- Two community hepatitis B outbreaks: an argument for vaccinating incarcerated personsRose A Devasia
Tennessee Department of Health, Communicable and Environmental Services, North Nashville, TN 37247, USA
Vaccine 24:1354-8. 2006..Priority should be given to developing and supporting practical programs to vaccinate the high-risk populations in correctional facilities against hepatitis B...
- HIV-1 and HCV infections among antibody-negative blood donorsMarion A Kainer
N Engl J Med 351:2232-5; author reply 2232-5. 2004
- Pandemic influenza-implications for critical care resources in Australia and New ZealandTherese A Anderson
ANZICS Research Centre for Critical Care Resources, Austin Health, Melbourne, Australia
J Crit Care 18:173-80. 2003..To quantify resource requirements (additional beds and ventilator capacity), for critical care services in the event of pandemic influenza...