Heather A Joseph
Affiliation: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- "The anticipation alone could kill you": past and potential clients' perspectives on HIV testing in non-health care settingsHeather A Joseph
Division of HIV AIDS Prevention, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA, USA
AIDS Educ Prev 23:577-94. 2011..Recommendations for enhancing counseling and testing services in non-health care settings are discussed...
- Factors influencing health care workers' adherence to work site tuberculosis screening and treatment policiesHeather A Joseph
Division of Tuberculosis Elimination, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Mailstop E 10, 1600 Clifton Road NE, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
Am J Infect Control 32:456-61. 2004..The objective of this exploratory study was to identify factors influencing HCWs' adherence to policies for routine tuberculin skin tests (TSTs) and treatment of latent TB infection (LTBI)...
- Beliefs about transmission risk and vulnerability, treatment adherence, and sexual risk behavior among a sample of HIV-positive men who have sex with menHeather A Joseph
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
AIDS Care 22:29-39. 2010..Prevention programs should carefully consider how to craft and tailor messages about medical advances while at the same time reinforcing the need for continued sexual safety...
- Older partner selection, sexual risk behaviour and unrecognised HIV infection among black and Latino men who have sex with menHeather A Joseph
Division of HIV AIDS Prevention, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 1600 Clifton Road, MS E 37, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
Sex Transm Infect 87:442-7. 2011..The authors examine whether the association stems from (1) increased sexual risk behaviour with male partners of any age, (2) heightened risk of being exposed to HIV infection by older partners or (3) a combination of these two factors...
- TB perspectives among a sample of Mexicans in the United States: results from an ethnographic studyHeather A Joseph
Division of HIV AIDS Prevention, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 1600 Clifton Road, NE Mailstop E 37, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
J Immigr Minor Health 10:177-85. 2008..A study was conducted to describe the sociocultural aspects of tuberculosis (TB) among Mexicans in the U.S. and to provide TB programs with practical recommendations for serving this population...
- Girlfriends: evaluation of an HIV-risk reduction intervention for adult transgender womenRaekiela D Taylor
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Division of HIV AIDS Prevention, Prevention Research Branch, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
AIDS Educ Prev 23:469-78. 2011..039). The findings of this study are promising. We observed behavioral effects among a largely ethnic minority sample of transgender women. Replication with a larger sample and a control group is needed...