Cynthia M Jorgensen
Affiliation: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Scientific recommendations and human behaviour: sitting out in the sunCynthia M Jorgensen
Communications and Behavioral Sciences Branch, Division of Cancer Prevention and Control, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
Lancet 360:351-2. 2002
- Lessons learned from exploratory research about viral hepatitisCynthia M Jorgensen
Division of Viral Hepatitis, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
Health Promot Pract 14:364-9. 2013..As a result, a general awareness and education campaign must precede and support efforts to encourage screening...
- To screen or not to screen, when clinical guidelines disagree: primary care physicians' use of the PSA testCrystale Purvis Cooper
National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion, Division of Cancer Prevention and Control, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 4770 Buford Highway NE, MS K 55, Atlanta, GA 30341, USA
Prev Med 38:182-91. 2004..This study qualitatively explored primary care physicians' PSA screening practices and their understanding of the PSA screening controversy...
- Using telephone focus groups methodology to examine the prostate cancer screening practices of African-American primary care physiciansLouie E Ross
Division of Cancer Prevention and Control, National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA 30341 3717, USA
J Natl Med Assoc 98:1296-9. 2006..This methodology may prove useful in studies involving African-American physicians, physicians in general and other difficult-to-reach healthcare professionals...
- An analysis of hepatitis C virus-related public inquiries from health professionals: 2009-2010Cynthia M Jorgensen
Viral Hepatitis, STD, and TB Prevention, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 1600 Clifton Road NE, Atlanta, GA 30333
Clin Infect Dis 55:S54-7. 2012..93. Overall, the inquiries demonstrated important knowledge gaps regarding HCV, with the most frequently asked questions focusing on transmission, serology, and policy/legal issues surrounding patient care and infected healthcare workers...
- Report from the CDC. Telephone focus groups: an emerging method in public health researchCrystale Purvis Cooper
Division of Cancer Prevention and Control, National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia 30341, USA
J Womens Health (Larchmt) 12:945-51. 2003..The focus group is a widely used qualitative method in public health research. Typically, focus groups involve face-to-face interaction, although focus groups have also been conducted via telephone conference calls...
- A content analysis of news coverage of the HPV vaccine by U.S. newspapers, January 2002-June 2005Crystal Calloway
CDC, National Center for Health Promotion, Division of Cancer Prevention and Control, Atlanta, GA 30341, USA
J Womens Health (Larchmt) 15:803-9. 2006....
- Gender differences in young adults' beliefs about sunscreen useLorien Abroms
Harvard School of Public Health, Department of Health and Social Behavior, Boston, USA
Health Educ Behav 30:29-43. 2003..Findings are discussed in terms of their implications for the design of future interventions...
- Developing English and Spanish television public service announcements to promote colorectal cancer screeningCrystale Purvis Cooper
Soltera Center for Health Communication Research in Tucson, Arizona, USA
Health Promot Pract 6:385-93. 2005..This article describes SFL's application of this process to develop television PSAs in English and Spanish...