Cynthia M Jorgensen
Affiliation: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- An analysis of hepatitis C virus-related public inquiries from health professionals: 2009-2010Cynthia M Jorgensen
Viral Hepatitis, STD, and TB Prevention, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 1600 Clifton Road NE, Atlanta, GA 30333
Clin Infect Dis 55:S54-7. 2012..93. Overall, the inquiries demonstrated important knowledge gaps regarding HCV, with the most frequently asked questions focusing on transmission, serology, and policy/legal issues surrounding patient care and infected healthcare workers...
- To screen or not to screen, when clinical guidelines disagree: primary care physicians' use of the PSA testCrystale Purvis Cooper
National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion, Division of Cancer Prevention and Control, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 4770 Buford Highway NE, MS K 55, Atlanta, GA 30341, USA
Prev Med 38:182-91. 2004..This study qualitatively explored primary care physicians' PSA screening practices and their understanding of the PSA screening controversy...
- Using telephone focus groups methodology to examine the prostate cancer screening practices of African-American primary care physiciansLouie E Ross
Division of Cancer Prevention and Control, National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA 30341 3717, USA
J Natl Med Assoc 98:1296-9. 2006..This methodology may prove useful in studies involving African-American physicians, physicians in general and other difficult-to-reach healthcare professionals...
- Lessons learned from exploratory research about viral hepatitisCynthia M Jorgensen
Division of Viral Hepatitis, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
Health Promot Pract 14:364-9. 2013..As a result, a general awareness and education campaign must precede and support efforts to encourage screening...
- Report from the CDC. Telephone focus groups: an emerging method in public health researchCrystale Purvis Cooper
Division of Cancer Prevention and Control, National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia 30341, USA
J Womens Health (Larchmt) 12:945-51. 2003..The focus group is a widely used qualitative method in public health research. Typically, focus groups involve face-to-face interaction, although focus groups have also been conducted via telephone conference calls...