Emily S Jentes
Affiliation: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Health risks and travel preparation among foreign visitors and expatriates during the 2008 Beijing Olympic and Paralympic GamesEmily S Jentes
Office of Workforce and Career Development, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA, USA
Am J Trop Med Hyg 82:466-72. 2010..We found no previous studies of health outcomes among expatriates living in cities with mass travel events. These findings highlight the need to continuously disseminate information to health-care providers advising travelers...
- Acute arboviral infections in Guinea, West Africa, 2006Emily S Jentes
Department of Tropical Medicine, Tulane School of Public Health and Tropical Medicine, New Orleans, LA, USA
Am J Trop Med Hyg 83:388-94. 2010..Improving surveillance and laboratory capacity for arbovirus diagnoses will be integral to understanding the burden posed by these agents in the region...
- The revised global yellow fever risk map and recommendations for vaccination, 2010: consensus of the Informal WHO Working Group on Geographic Risk for Yellow FeverEmily S Jentes
Epidemic Intelligence Service, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA, USA
Lancet Infect Dis 11:622-32. 2011..This report details the recommendations made by the working group about criteria for the designation of risk and specific changes to the classification of areas with risk for transmission of yellow fever virus...
- Health challenges of young travelers visiting friends and relatives compared with those traveling for other purposesPauline Han
Division of Global Migration and Quarantine, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
Pediatr Infect Dis J 31:915-9. 2012....
- The global availability of rabies immune globulin and rabies vaccine in clinics providing direct care to travelersEmily S Jentes
Division of Global Migration and Quarantine, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention CDC, Atlanta, GA, USA
J Travel Med 20:148-58. 2013..Rabies, which is globally endemic, poses a risk to international travelers. To improve recommendations for travelers, we assessed the global availability of rabies vaccine (RV) and rabies immune globulin (RIG)...