Affiliation: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Trends in invasive methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus infectionsMartha Iwamoto
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 1600 Clifton Rd NE, Mailstop C 09, Atlanta, GA 30333
Pediatrics 132:e817-24. 2013..To describe trends in the incidence of invasive methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) infections in children during 2005-2010...
- A survey of pediatricians on the reintroduction of a rotavirus vaccineMartha Iwamoto
Rollins School of Public Health, Emory University, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Pediatrics 112:e6-10. 2003....
- Shigellosis among swimmers in a freshwater lakeMartha Iwamoto
Epidemic Intelligence Service, Epidemiology Program Office, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
South Med J 98:774-8. 2005..Shigella infection is highly communicable; however, outbreaks associated with swimming in recreational fresh water are rarely identified...
- Epidemiology of seafood-associated infections in the United StatesMartha Iwamoto
Enteric Diseases Epidemiology Branch, CDC, 1600 Clifton Road NE, Mailstop D 63, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
Clin Microbiol Rev 23:399-411. 2010..Coordinated efforts are necessary to further reduce the risk of seafood-associated illnesses. Continued surveillance will be important to assess the effectiveness of current and future prevention strategies...
- Comparison of e-mail, fax, and postal surveys of pediatriciansShawn R McMahon
Epidemic Intelligence Service, Division of Applied Public Health Training, Epidemiology Program Office, assigned to National Immunization Program, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia 30333, USA
Pediatrics 111:e299-303. 2003..To compare 3 communication modes (postal, fax, and e-mail) in a rotavirus vaccine physician survey...
- 2008 outbreak of Salmonella Saintpaul infections associated with raw produceCasey Barton Behravesh
National Center for Emerging and Zoonotic Infectious Diseases, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
N Engl J Med 364:918-27. 2011..Raw produce is an increasingly recognized vehicle for salmonellosis. We investigated a nationwide outbreak that occurred in the United States in 2008...
- Mucosal barrier injury laboratory-confirmed bloodstream infection: results from a field test of a new National Healthcare Safety Network definitionIsaac See
Division of Healthcare Quality Promotion, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia 30333, USA
Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol 34:769-76. 2013..To assess challenges to implementation of a new National Healthcare Safety Network (NHSN) surveillance definition, mucosal barrier injury laboratory-confirmed bloodstream infection (MBI-LCBI)...
- Device-associated infections among neonatal intensive care unit patients: incidence and associated pathogens reported to the National Healthcare Safety Network, 2006-2008Susan N Hocevar
Division of Healthcare Quality Promotion, National Center for Emerging and Zoonotic Infectious Diseases, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol 33:1200-6. 2012..To describe rates and pathogen distribution of device-associated infections (DAIs) in neonatal intensive care unit (NICU) patients and compare differences in infection rates by hospital type (children's vs general hospitals)...
- Vaccine effectiveness against medically attended, laboratory-confirmed influenza among children aged 6 to 59 months, 2003-2004Carrie M Shuler
Epidemic Intelligence Service, Atlanta, GA, USA
Pediatrics 119:e587-95. 2007..We assessed vaccine effectiveness against medically attended, laboratory-confirmed influenza for children who were aged 6 to 59 months during the 2003-2004 influenza season...
- Influenza-like illness in a community surrounding a school-based outbreak of 2009 pandemic influenza A (H1N1) virus-Chicago, Illinois, 2009Kristen B Janusz
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Fort Collins, Colorado 80521, USA
Clin Infect Dis 52:S94-101. 2011..Public awareness and health care practices impact standard ILI surveillance data. Community-based surveys are a valuable tool to help assess the burden of ILI in a community...