James B Holt
Affiliation: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Use of BRFSS data and GIS technology for rapid public health response during natural disastersJames B Holt
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 4770 Buford Hwy, NE, MS K 67, Atlanta, GA 30341, USA
Prev Chronic Dis 5:A97. 2008..To illustrate the flexible nature of planning made possible through the interactive use of a GIS, we use a hypothetical scenario of a hurricane making landfall in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina...
- The topography of poverty in the United States: a spatial analysis using county-level data from the Community Health Status Indicators projectJames B Holt
Division of Adult and Community Health, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Mailstop K 67, 4770 Buford Hwy NE, Atlanta, GA 30341, USA
Prev Chronic Dis 4:A111. 2007..The spatial analytic techniques are broadly applicable to socioeconomic and health-related data and can provide important information about the spatial structure of datasets, which is important for choosing appropriate analysis methods...
- Geographic disparities in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) hospitalization among Medicare beneficiaries in the United StatesJames B Holt
National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion, US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA, USA
Int J Chron Obstruct Pulmon Dis 6:321-8. 2011..Despite well-documented sociodemographic disparities in COPD outcomes, no study has characterized geographic variations in COPD hospitalization across the US...
- Mapping US pediatric hospitals and subspecialty critical care for public health preparedness and disaster response, 2008Mary D Brantley
Division of Reproductive Health, National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia 30341, USA
Disaster Med Public Health Prep 6:117-25. 2012....
- Geographic variations in heart failure hospitalizations among medicare beneficiaries in the Tennessee catchment areaModele O Ogunniyi
Division of Cardiology, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Am J Med Sci 343:71-7. 2012..Although differences in heart failure (HF) hospitalization rates by race and sex are well documented, little is known about geographic variations in hospitalizations for HF, the most common discharge diagnosis for Medicare beneficiaries...
- State and local area estimates of depression and anxiety among adults with disabilities in 2006Catherine A Okoro
U S Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA 30341, USA
Disabil Health J 4:78-90. 2011..Depression and anxiety are prevalent among adults with disabilities. However, little is known regarding the geographic variability of depression and anxiety among adults with disabilities in the United States...
- Geographic patterns of frequent mental distress: U.S. adults, 1993-2001 and 2003-2006David G Moriarty
CDC, Atlanta, Georgia 30341, USA
Am J Prev Med 36:497-505. 2009..Mental illnesses and other mental health problems often lead to prolonged, disabling, and costly mental distress. Yet little is known about the geographic distribution of such mental distress in the U.S...
- State and metropolitan-area estimates of disability in the United States, 2001Catherine A Okoro
Division of Adult and Community Health, National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA 30341 3717, USA
Am J Public Health 95:1964-9. 2005..We sought to provide estimates of disability prevalence for states and metropolitan areas in the United States...
- Modeling spatial accessibility to parks: a national studyXingyou Zhang
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention CDC, Atlanta, GA, USA
Int J Health Geogr 10:31. 2011....
- Community health status indicators: adding a geospatial componentJanet L Heitgerd
Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry, 1600 Clifton Road NE, Mailstop F 09, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
Prev Chronic Dis 5:A96. 2008..The Web site is accessible from a link on the CHSI Report Web site or directly from an Internet Web browser. In this paper, we discuss the conceptualization and implementation of this public health mapping application...
- A multilevel approach to estimating small area childhood obesity prevalence at the census block-group levelXingyou Zhang
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 4770 Buford Hwy, NE, MS K67, Atlanta, GA 30341 E mail
Prev Chronic Dis 10:E68. 2013..This study applied a geocoded national health survey in a multilevel modeling framework to estimate prevalence of childhood obesity at the census block-group level...
- Rural-urban variations in psychological distress: findings from the Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance System, 2007Satvinder S Dhingra
Division of Adult and Community Health, National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 4770 Buford Highway N E, Atlanta, GA 30341, USA
Int J Public Health 54:16-22. 2009..To describe rural and urban differences in the prevalence and correlates of psychological distress in the United States...
- Road traffic noise: annoyance, sleep disturbance, and public health implicationsMinho Kim
Epidemiology and SurveillanceBranch, Division of Population Health, National Center for Chronic DiseasePrevention and Health Promotion, CDC, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Am J Prev Med 43:353-60. 2012..e., annoyance and sleep disturbance) on human health. In Europe, noise-related health studies have been actively conducted, but the U.S. has lagged behind in this research field...