Affiliation: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Guide to using masked design variables to estimate standard errors in public use files of the National Ambulatory Medical Care Survey and the National Hospital Ambulatory Medical Care SurveyEsther Hing
Ambulatory Care Statistics Branch, Division of Health Care Statistics, National Center for Health Statistics, Hyattsville, MD 20872, USA
Inquiry 40:401-15. 2003..It also discusses when masking overstates or understates "in-house" standard errors, and how masking affects the significance levels of point estimates and logistic regression parameters...
- Changes in U.S. prescribing patterns of menopausal hormone therapy, 2001-2003Esther Hing
Division of Health Care Statistics, and Office of Analysis and Epidemiology, National Center for Health Statistics, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Hyattsville, Maryland 20782, USA
Obstet Gynecol 108:33-40. 2006..We investigated hormone therapy prescription practice changes between 2001 and 2003 to explore the effects of the clinical trial results...
- Are there patient disparities when electronic health records are adopted?Esther Hing
Ambulatory Hospital Care Statistics Branch, Division of Health Care Statistics, National Center for Health Statistics, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 3311 Toledo Road, Hyattsville, MD 20782, USA
J Health Care Poor Underserved 20:473-88. 2009..This finding reflects a mixture of high and low EHR adopters among PCPs for poor minority patients...
- Primary health care in community health centers and comparison with office-based practiceEsther Hing
National Center for Health Statistics, 3311 Toledo Road, Room 3409, Hyattsville, MD 20782, USA
J Community Health 36:406-13. 2011..CHC staffing is contingent on a variety of providers. CHC staffing patterns may serve as models of primary care staffing for office practices as demand for primary care services nationwide increases...
- Making patient-level estimates from medical encounter records using a multiplicity estimatorCatharine W Burt
Division of Health Care Statistics, CDC s National Center for Health Statistics, 3311 Toledo Road, 3rd Floor, Hyattsville, MD 20782, USA
Stat Med 26:1762-74. 2007..This estimation technique may be useful in estimating patients with clinical characteristics that are difficult to collect from a population-based survey. Published in 2007 by John Wiley & Sons, Ltd...
- Combining estimates from complementary surveys: a case study using prevalence estimates from national health surveys of households and nursing homesNathaniel Schenker
Office of Research and Methodology, National Center for Health Statistics, Hyattsville, MD 20782, USA
Public Health Rep 117:393-407. 2002..The purposes of this article are to discuss and demonstrate the benefits of combining estimates from complementary surveys and to provide a catalog of the analytic issues involved...
- Most physicians were eligible for federal incentives in 2011, but few had EHR systems that met meaningful-use criteriaChun Ju Hsiao
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, National Center for Health Statistics, Hyattsville, Maryland, USA
Health Aff (Millwood) 31:1100-7. 2012....
- Emergency department visits and resulting hospitalizations by elderly nursing home residents, 2001-2008Chun Ju Hsiao
National Center for Health Statistics, Hyattsville, MD, USA
Res Aging 36:207-27. 2014..Recent initiatives seek to reduce ED visits and hospitalizations by providing financial incentives to spur better coordination between NH and hospital. ..