Susan L Hills
Affiliation: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Evidence and rationale for the World Health Organization recommended standards for Japanese encephalitis surveillanceSusan Hills
PATH, Seattle, WA, USA
BMC Infect Dis 9:214. 2009..To aid acceptance of the Standards, we describe the process of development, provide the supporting evidence, and explain the rationale for the recommendations made in the document...
- Disability from Japanese encephalitis in Cambodia and Viet NamSusan L Hills
Japanese Encephalitis Project, PATH, Seattle, WA, 98107, USA
J Trop Pediatr 57:241-4. 2011..This assessment tool can assist with patient management and generate data to support the need for programmes to prevent disease and improve outcomes for survivors...
- Japanese encephalitis in travelers from non-endemic countries, 1973-2008Susan L Hills
Arboviral Diseases Branch, Division of Vector Borne Infectious Diseases, National Center for Zoonotic, Vector Borne and Enteric Diseases, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 3150 Rampart Road, Fort Collins, CO 80521, USA
Am J Trop Med Hyg 82:930-6. 2010..Nonetheless, for each traveler, a careful assessment of itinerary and activities, a decision on vaccination, and information on mosquito precautions are needed to reduce the risk of this disease...
- Japanese encephalitis vaccines: recommendations of the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP)Marc Fischer
Division of Vector Borne Infectious Diseases, National Center for Emerging and Zoonotic Infectious Diseases, CDC, Fort Collins, CO 80521, USA
MMWR Recomm Rep 59:1-27. 2010..JE-MB is the only JE vaccine available for use in children aged 1-16 years, and remaining supplies will be reserved for use in this group...
- Evaluation of three immunoglobulin M antibody capture enzyme-linked immunosorbent assays for diagnosis of Japanese encephalitisJulie A Jacobson
Japanese Encephalitis Project, PATH, Seattle, Washington 98107, USA
Am J Trop Med Hyg 77:164-8. 2007..This information is helpful in considering options for strengthening the laboratory component of JE surveillance...