Melissa A Habel
Affiliation: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Emergency contraception and risk for sexually transmitted infections among U.S. womenMelissa A Habel
Division of STD Prevention, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 1600 Clifton Road, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
J Womens Health (Larchmt) 21:910-6. 2012..S. study to use a nationally representative sample of reproductive-aged women (15-44) to explore the relationship between receipt and use of EC and sexually transmitted infection (STI)-related health services...
- The HPV vaccine: a content analysis of online news storiesMelissa A Habel
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Oak Ridge Institute for Science and Education, Atlanta, Georgia 30333, USA
J Womens Health (Larchmt) 18:401-7. 2009..Information about the HPV vaccine in the media may influence personal attitudes and vaccine uptake...
- Google it: obtaining information about local STD/HIV testing services onlineMelissa A Habel
Division of STD Prevention, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
Sex Transm Dis 38:334-8. 2011....
- Daily participation in sports and students' sexual activityMelissa A Habel
National Center for HIV AIDS, Viral Hepatitis, STD and TB Prevention, Division of STD Prevention, Behavioral Interventions and Research Branch, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, USA
Perspect Sex Reprod Health 42:244-50. 2010..Previous studies suggest that student athletes may be less likely than nonathletes to engage in sexual behavior. However, few have explored sexual risk behavior among athletes in early adolescence...
- Health care seeking among men with genital ulcer disease in South Africa: correlates and relationship to human immunodeficiency virus-1 and herpes simplex virus type 2 detection and sheddingJami S Leichliter
Division of STD Prevention, National Center for HIV, Hepatitis, STD and TB Prevention, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
Sex Transm Dis 38:865-70. 2011..We examined the correlates of health care seeking in men with GUD and its relationship to HIV-1 and herpes simplex virus type 2 outcomes...
- 'Clinics aren't meant for men': sexual health care access and seeking behaviours among men in Gauteng province, South AfricaJami S Leichliter
Division of STD Prevention, US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA, USA
SAHARA J 8:82-8. 2011..Future research is needed to determine the most effective method to increase men's access to sexual health care services...
- In their own words: romantic relationships and the sexual health of young African American womenColleen Crittenden Murray
Emory University, Rollins School of Public Health, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
Public Health Rep 128:33-42. 2013..e., strategies that simultaneously protect against unintended pregnancies and sexually transmitted diseases [STDs]) and how relationship factors influence their use of DP methods...
- Divorce and sexual risk among U.S. women: findings from the national survey of family growthNicole Liddon
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, National Centers for HIV, Hepatitis, STD, and TB Prevention, Division of STD Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
J Womens Health (Larchmt) 19:1963-7. 2010..We elucidate differences in sexual risk among divorced and never married women...
- An assessment of the GYT: Get Yourself Tested campaign: an integrated approach to sexually transmitted disease prevention communicationAllison L Friedman
From the Division of STD Prevention, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA and Divisions of Communications and Planned Parenthood Federation of America, New York City, NY
Sex Transm Dis 41:151-7. 2014..This evaluation sought to assess the first 2 years of campaign engagement and associations with STD testing among youth...