Affiliation: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Effectiveness of intermittent preventive treatment with sulfadoxine-pyrimethamine during pregnancy on maternal and birth outcomes in Machinga district, MalawiJulie Gutman
Division of Parasitic Diseases and Malaria, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia 30322, USA
J Infect Dis 208:907-16. 2013..Despite increasing prevalence of malarial parasite resistance to sulfadoxine-pyrimethamine (SP), SP continues to be recommended for intermittent preventive treatment in pregnancy (IPTp)...
- Combination of probenecid-sulphadoxine-pyrimethamine for intermittent preventive treatment in pregnancyJulie Gutman
Division of Parasitic Diseases and Malaria, Malaria Branch, 1600 Clifton Rd NE, Mailstop A06, Atlanta, GA 30329, USA
Malar J 11:39. 2012..This article concludes by calling for further research into this potentially useful combination...
- The A581G Mutation in the Gene Encoding Plasmodium falciparum Dihydropteroate Synthetase Reduces the Effectiveness of Sulfadoxine-Pyrimethamine Preventive Therapy in Malawian Pregnant WomenJulie Gutman
Division of Parasitic Diseases and Malaria, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia
J Infect Dis 211:1997-2005. 2015....
- Pooled PCR testing strategy and prevalence estimation of submicroscopic infections using Bayesian latent class models in pregnant women receiving intermittent preventive treatment at Machinga District Hospital, Malawi, 2010Zhiyong Zhou
Malaria Branch and Division of Parasitic Diseases and Malaria, Center for Global Health, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA, USA
Malar J 13:509. 2014..Thus prevalence was estimated using Bayesian latent class models (LCMs) in this study...
- Mycobacterium tuberculosis Infection of the placenta: a study of the early (innate) inflammatory response in two casesCarlos R Abramowsky
Department of Pathology, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA, USA
Pediatr Dev Pathol 15:132-6. 2012..This report also shows that the differential diagnosis of acute villitis and intervillitis in the placenta should include tuberculosis aside from the more common bacterial infections such as listeriosis...
- Ascaris co-infection does not alter malaria-induced anaemia in a cohort of Nigerian preschool childrenFrancisca A Abanyie
Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
Malar J 12:1. 2013..This study examined whether Ascaris co-infection can minimize the severity of malarial anaemia...
- Pediatric malaria: 8-year case series in Atlanta, Georgia, and review of the literatureJulie Gutman
Department of Pediatric Infectious Disease, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
J Travel Med 17:334-8. 2010..The objective of this study is to describe epidemiology, clinical and laboratory presentation, and treatment of children with malaria in the United States...
- Effects of annual mass treatment with ivermectin for onchocerciasis on the prevalence of intestinal helminthsJulie Gutman
Emory University School of Medicine, Division of Pediatric Infectious Diseases, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Am J Trop Med Hyg 83:534-41. 2010..We conclude that benzimidazole MDA in IV treatment areas is indicated to effectively control hookworm...
- State of malaria diagnostic testing at clinical laboratories in the United States, 2010: a nationwide surveyFrancisca A Abanyie
Division of Pediatric Infectious Diseases, Emory University School of Medicine and Children s Healthcare of Atlanta at Egleston, 2015 Uppergate Drive NE, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
Malar J 10:340. 2011..The diagnosis of malaria can be difficult in non-endemic areas, such as the United States, and delays in diagnosis and errors in treatment occur too often...
- 24 weeks of valganciclovir prophylaxis in children after renal transplantation: a 4-year experienceAndres F Camacho-Gonzalez
Division of Pediatric Infectious Diseases, Emory University Department of Pediatrics and Children s Healthcare of Atlanta, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
Transplantation 91:245-50. 2011..Recently, an increase in delayed-onset CMV disease has been noted with some arguing that longer prophylaxis may decrease late-onset disease...
- Mefloquine pharmacokinetics and mefloquine-artesunate effectiveness in Peruvian patients with uncomplicated Plasmodium falciparum malariaJulie Gutman
Division of Parasitic Diseases, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA, USA
Malar J 8:58. 2009..This study examines the in vivo efficacy and pharmacokinetic parameters through Day 56 of three commercial formulations of MQ (Lariam, Mephaquin, and Mefloquina-AC Farma) given in combination with artesunate...