Sundeep K Gupta
Affiliation: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Factors associated with E. coli contamination of household drinking water among tsunami and earthquake survivors, IndonesiaSundeep K Gupta
Epidemic Intelligence Service, Foodborne and Diarrheal Disease Branch, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia 30333, USA
Am J Trop Med Hyg 76:1158-62. 2007..Water source improvement and household water chlorination appear to be useful strategies to improve household stored drinking water quality in post-disaster situations...
- Emergence of Shiga toxin 1 genes within Shigella dysenteriae type 4 isolates from travelers returning from the Island of HispañolaSundeep K Gupta
Division of Foodborne, Bacterial and Mycotic Diseases, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia 30333, USA
Am J Trop Med Hyg 76:1163-5. 2007..Three cases of Shiga toxin-producing S. dysenteriae type 4 were identified among travelers to the island of Hispañola between 2002 and 2005. Clinical and public health practitioners should be aware of this newly identified strain...
- Laboratory-based surveillance of paratyphoid fever in the United States: travel and antimicrobial resistanceSundeep K Gupta
Division of Foodborne, Bacterial, and Mycotic Diseases, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Clin Infect Dis 46:1656-63. 2008..However, the epidemiologic and laboratory characteristics of paratyphoid fever in the United States have never been studied...
- High rates of STD and sexual risk behaviors among Garífunas in HondurasGabriela Paz-Bailey
Global AIDS Program for Central America and Panama, University of Valle of Guatemala and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Collaboration, Guatemala City, Guatemala
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 51:S26-34. 2009..Honduras has the highest concentration of HIV and AIDS cases in Central America, with an estimated adult HIV prevalence of 1.5%. Prevalence is higher among certain ethnic groups such as the Garífuna with a reported HIV prevalence of 8%...
- The chulli water purifier: acceptability and effectiveness of an innovative strategy for household water treatment in BangladeshSundeep K Gupta
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Am J Trop Med Hyg 78:979-84. 2008..These issues, which are relevant for other household water treatment strategies, should be resolved before further implementation...