B D Gessner
Affiliation: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Nutritional rickets among breast-fed black and Alaska Native childrenB D Gessner
Anchorage Neighborhood Health Center, AK, USA
Alaska Med 39:72-4, 87. 1997....
- Temporal trends and geographic patterns of teen suicide in Alaska, 1979-1993B D Gessner
Alaska Division of Public Health, Anchorage 99501, USA
Suicide Life Threat Behav 27:264-73. 1997..Within census areas, suicide rates correlated inversely with the percentage of all households headed by a married couple...
- Incidence rates, clinical features, and case identification of pediatric tuberculosis in AlaskaB D Gessner
Alaska Division of Public Health, Section of Maternal, Child, and Family Health, Epidemiology and Evaluation Unit, Anchorage 99501, USA
Int J Tuberc Lung Dis 2:378-83. 1998..The population of Alaska...
- Correlates of drinking during the third trimester of pregnancy in AlaskaK A Perham-Hester
Section of Maternal, State of Alaska, Anchorage 99501, USA
Matern Child Health J 1:165-72. 1997..To examine characteristics related to drinking during pregnancy among a population-based sample of women...
- Perinatal care regionalization and low birth weight infant mortality rates in AlaskaB D Gessner
Alaska Division of Public Health, Anchorage 99524, USA
Am J Obstet Gynecol 185:623-8. 2001..The purpose of this study was to determine the extent to which the failure of non-tertiary care hospitals to appropriately triage and refer pregnant women and newborns contributes to low birth weight infant death in Alaska...
- Association between sudden infant death syndrome and prone sleep position, bed sharing, and sleeping outside an infant crib in AlaskaB D Gessner
Alaska Division of Public Health, Anchorage, Alaska, USA
Pediatrics 108:923-7. 2001..To determine the contribution of prone sleeping, bed sharing, and sleeping outside an infant crib to sudden infant death syndrome (SIDS)...
- Aetiologies and risk factors for neonatal sepsis and pneumonia mortality among Alaskan infantsB D Gessner
Alaska Division of Public Health, Section of Epidemiology, Anchorage, Alaska 99524, USA
Epidemiol Infect 133:877-81. 2005..Neonatal sepsis mortality has become an outcome concentrated among pre-term infants. Aetiologies include GBS during the early neonatal period, Candida spp. during the late neonatal period, and other bacteria during both periods...