Allison L Friedman
Affiliation: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- "something we'd rather not talk about": findings from CDC exploratory research on sexually transmitted disease communication with girls and womenAllison L Friedman
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Division of STD Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia 30333, USA
J Womens Health (Larchmt) 19:1823-31. 2010..To inform this effort, CDC sought to explore girls'/women's understandings of sexually transmitted disease (STD) and Chlamydia testing and STD communications and information sources...
- Exploring the knowledge, attitudes, beliefs, and communication preferences of the general public regarding HPV: findings from CDC focus group research and implications for practiceAllison L Friedman
National Center for HIV, STD and TB Prevention, Division of STD Prevention, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 1600 Clifton Road NE, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
Health Educ Behav 34:471-85. 2007..This research suggests that HPV- and HPV-vaccine-related education efforts must be approached with extreme caution. Other practical implications are discussed...
- Exploring the feasibility of alternative STD-testing venues and results delivery channels for a national screening campaignAllison L Friedman
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA, USA
Health Promot Pract 14:96-104. 2013....
- 'Clinics aren't meant for men': sexual health care access and seeking behaviours among men in Gauteng province, South AfricaJami S Leichliter
Division of STD Prevention, US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA, USA
SAHARA J 8:82-8. 2011..Future research is needed to determine the most effective method to increase men's access to sexual health care services...
- An assessment of the GYT: Get Yourself Tested campaign: an integrated approach to sexually transmitted disease prevention communicationAllison L Friedman
From the Division of STD Prevention, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA and Divisions of Communications and Planned Parenthood Federation of America, New York City, NY
Sex Transm Dis 41:151-7. 2014..This evaluation sought to assess the first 2 years of campaign engagement and associations with STD testing among youth...