Ashley L Fowlkes
Affiliation: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Estimating influenza incidence and rates of influenza-like illness in the outpatient settingAshley Fowlkes
Influenza Division, National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
Influenza Other Respir Viruses 7:694-700. 2013..We used outpatient healthcare practice populations as a proxy to estimate community incidence of influenza-like illness (ILI) and laboratory-confirmed influenza-associated ILI...
- Epidemiology of 2009 pandemic influenza A (H1N1) deaths in the United States, April-July 2009Ashley L Fowlkes
Influenza Division, National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia 30329, USA
Clin Infect Dis 52:S60-8. 2011..Overall mortality associated with pH1N1 was low; however, the majority of deaths occurred in persons aged <65 years with underlying medical conditions...
- Persistence of vaccine-induced measles antibody beyond age 12 months: a comparison of response to one and two doses of Edmonston-Zagreb measles vaccine among HIV-infected and uninfected children in MalawiAshley Fowlkes
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia 30333, USA
J Infect Dis 204:S149-57. 2011..Among HIV-uninfected children, measles antibody prevalence was lower among 1- than 2-dose MV recipients. Here, we report results through age 24 months...
- Increased activity of Coxsackievirus B1 strains associated with severe disease among young infants in the United States, 2007-2008Mary E Wikswo
Division of Viral Diseases, National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Clin Infect Dis 49:e44-51. 2009....
- Decline and change in seasonality of US rotavirus activity after the introduction of rotavirus vaccineJacqueline E Tate
Division of Viral Diseases, Centers for Disease Control andPrevention, Atlanta, Georgia 30333, USA
Pediatrics 124:465-71. 2009..In 2006, routine immunization of US infants against rotavirus was initiated. We assessed national, regional, and local trends in rotavirus testing and detection before and after vaccine introduction...
- Enterovirus-associated encephalitis in the California encephalitis project, 1998-2005Ashley L Fowlkes
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 1600 Clifton Road NE, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
J Infect Dis 198:1685-91. 2008..Encephalitis is a relatively rare presentation of enterovirus (EV) infections. Clinical and epidemiologic characteristics of EV encephalitis (EVE) have not been well characterized...
- Variation in timing of respiratory syncytial virus outbreaks: lessons from national surveillanceCatherine A Panozzo
Division of Viral Diseases, NCIRD, CoCID, CDC, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
Pediatr Infect Dis J 26:S41-5. 2007..Surveillance data can, however, be used to determine how well national patterns represent local patterns. Further analyses are needed to determine how local surveillance data can be used to guide timing of immune prophylaxis...