Gayle E Fischer
Affiliation: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Hepatitis A among international adoptees and their contactsGayle E Fischer
Viral Hepatitis, STD and TB Prevention, National Center for HIV AIDS, Detection and Control of Infectious Diseases, Centers for Disease Control, Atlanta, Georgia 30333, USA
Clin Infect Dis 47:812-4. 2008..Most cases occurred among nontraveling contacts of adoptees, suggesting the need to extend prevention guidelines to include hepatitis A vaccination for at-risk nontravelers...
- Chronic liver disease among Alaska-Native people, 2003-2004Gayle E Fischer
Division of Viral Hepatitis, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia 30333, USA
Am J Gastroenterol 104:363-70. 2009..The objectives of this study were to determine CLD prevalence and to define its etiologies and complications among AN and AI people, who received health care from an urban hospital center...
- An investigation of perinatal hepatitis B virus infections among a high risk population: the delivery hospital as a safety netGayle Fischer
Division of Viral Hepatitis, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA 0333, USA
Pediatr Infect Dis J 28:593-7. 2009..There was an increase in perinatal hepatitis B virus (HBV) infections in one Arkansas county that disproportionately affected Marshallese infants...
- The epidemiology of hepatitis A virus infections in four Pacific Island nations, 1995-2008Gayle E Fischer
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Division of Viral Hepatitis, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
Trans R Soc Trop Med Hyg 103:906-10. 2009..These data will be useful for evaluating the need for hepatitis A surveillance and vaccination programs...
- Outbreak of pneumonia associated with emergent human adenovirus serotype 14--Southeast Alaska, 2008Douglas H Esposito
Division of Viral Diseases, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia 30333, USA
J Infect Dis 202:214-22. 2010..In September 2008, an outbreak of pneumonia associated with an emerging human adenovirus (human adenovirus serotype 14 [HAdV-14]) occurred on a rural Southeast Alaska island. Nine patients required hospitalization, and 1 patient died...
- Hepatitis C virus infections from unsafe injection practices at an endoscopy clinic in Las Vegas, Nevada, 2007-2008Gayle E Fischer
National Center for HIV, Viral Hepatitis, STD and TB Prevention, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA, USA
Clin Infect Dis 51:267-73. 2010..In January 2008, 3 persons with acute hepatitis C who all underwent endoscopy at a single facility in Nevada were identified...
- Impact of routine hepatitis B immunization on the prevalence of chronic hepatitis B virus infection in the marshall islands and the federated States of micronesiaStephanie R Bialek
Division of Viral Diseases, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 1600 Clifton Rd, NE, MS A 47, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
Pediatr Infect Dis J 29:18-22. 2010....