N F Dowling
Affiliation: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Cigarette smoking, cadmium exposure, and zinc intake on obstructive lung disorderYu Sheng Lin
Cardiovascular Center and Health Management Center, National Taiwan University Hospital Yun Lin Branch, Dou Liou City, Taiwan
Respir Res 11:53. 2010..This study examined whether zinc intake was associated with lower risk of smoking-induced obstructive lung disorder through interplay with cadmium, one of major toxicants in cigarette smoke...
- Human genomics and preparedness for infectious threatsNicole F Dowling
Office of Public Health Genomics, National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
Genome Med 1:119. 2009..With rapid advances in laboratory technologies, banking and analysis of human genomic specimens can be conducted as part of public health investigations, enabling valuable research well into the future...
- Genetic variants associated with fasting blood lipids in the U.S. population: Third National Health and Nutrition Examination SurveyMan Huei Chang
National Office of Public Health Genomics, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA, USA
BMC Med Genet 11:62. 2010..S. population...
- Inflammation gene variants and susceptibility to albuminuria in the U.S. population: analysis in the Third National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey (NHANES III), 1991-1994Renee M Ned
Office of Public Health Genomics, Office of Surveillance, Epidemiology, and Laboratory Services, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA, USA
BMC Med Genet 11:155. 2010..While the underlying etiology is unclear, chronic, low-grade inflammation is a suspected key factor. Genetic variants within genes involved in inflammatory processes may, therefore, contribute to the development of albuminuria...
- Gene polymorphisms in association with emerging cardiovascular risk markers in adult womenAmy Z Fan
National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 1600 Clifton Road, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
BMC Med Genet 11:6. 2010..This population-based study is aimed to determine the presence of associations between a wide array of genetic variants and emerging cardiovascular risk markers among adult US women...
- The epidemiology of venous thromboembolism in Caucasians and African-Americans: the GATE StudyN F Dowling
Haematologic Diseases Branch, Division of AIDS, STD, and TB Laboratory Research, National Center for Infectious Diseases, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA, USA
J Thromb Haemost 1:80-7. 2003..Our findings underscore the need to determine gene polymorphisms associated with VTE in African-Americans...
- The U.S. Thrombosis and Hemostasis Centers pilot sites programN F Dowling
Division of Hereditary Blood Disorders, National Center on Birth Defects and Developmental Disorders, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA, USA
J Thromb Thrombolysis 23:1-7. 2007..The network of data collection across centers will facilitate future collaborative clinical and epidemiologic investigations and enhance collective expertise in hemostasis and coagulation disorders...