Maureen H Diaz
Affiliation: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Development of a novel genus-specific real-time PCR assay for detection and differentiation of Bartonella species and genotypesMaureen H Diaz
Respiratory Diseases Branch, Division of Bacterial Diseases, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
J Clin Microbiol 50:1645-9. 2012....
- Bartonella vinsonii subsp. arupensis in humans, ThailandYing Bai
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Fort Collins, Colorado, USA
Emerg Infect Dis 18:989-91. 2012....
- Multilocus variable-number tandem-repeat analysis of Mycoplasma pneumoniae clinical isolates from 1962 to the present: a retrospective studyAlvaro J Benitez
Respiratory Diseases Branch, Division of Bacterial Diseases, National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
J Clin Microbiol 50:3620-6. 2012..The superior discriminatory capability of MLVA provides a powerful tool for greater resolution of M. pneumoniae strains and could be useful during outbreaks and epidemiological investigations...
- Detection and characterization of Mycoplasma pneumoniae during an outbreak of respiratory illness at a universityJessica L Waller
Respiratory Diseases Branch, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
J Clin Microbiol 52:849-53. 2014..Continued molecular typing of this organism, particularly during outbreaks, may enhance the current understanding of the epidemiology of M. pneumoniae and may ultimately lead to a more effective public health response...
- Detection of Mycoplasma pneumoniae and Chlamydophila pneumoniae directly from respiratory clinical specimens using a rapid real-time polymerase chain reaction assayMaureen H Diaz
Respiratory Diseases Branch, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
Diagn Microbiol Infect Dis 73:278-80. 2012..This procedure provides over 5 times faster results compared to existing methods while maintaining equivalent detection rates for specimens containing limited target organisms...
- Investigation of a Chlamydia pneumoniae outbreak in a Federal correctional facility in TexasLaura Conklin
Division of Bacterial Diseases, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia 30333, USA
Clin Infect Dis 57:639-47. 2013..Chlamydia pneumoniae illness is poorly characterized, particularly as a sole causative pathogen. We investigated a C. pneumoniae outbreak at a federal correctional facility...