Affiliation: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- The Vaccine Safety Datalink projectF DeStefano
National Immunization Program MS F34, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA 30341, USA
Pharmacoepidemiol Drug Saf 10:403-6. 2001..A cohort study was conducted that allowed estimation of incidence rates of intussusception and attributable risks associated with rotavirus vaccine...
- Age at first measles-mumps-rubella vaccination in children with autism and school-matched control subjects: a population-based study in metropolitan atlantaFrank Destefano
National Immunization Program, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia 30333, USA
Pediatrics 113:259-66. 2004..To compare ages at first measles-mumps-rubella (MMR) vaccination between children with autism and children who did not have autism in the total population and in selected subgroups, including children with regression in development...
- Influenza vaccination in children with asthma in health maintenance organizations. Vaccine Safety Datalink TeamP Kramarz
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 1600 Clifton Road, MS E61, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
Vaccine 18:2288-94. 2000..Vaccination coverage could be increased by taking advantage of all opportunities to vaccinate children with asthma whenever they make clinic visits in the fall and early winter...
- Does influenza vaccination exacerbate asthma? Analysis of a large cohort of children with asthma. Vaccine Safety Datalink TeamP Kramarz
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
Arch Fam Med 9:617-23. 2000..One reason for low influenza vaccine coverage among children with asthma may be concern that influenza vaccination may induce an exacerbation of asthma...
- Childhood vaccinations, vaccination timing, and risk of type 1 diabetes mellitusF DeStefano
National Immunization Program, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia 30341 3724, USA
Pediatrics 108:E112. 2001..To evaluate suggested associations between childhood vaccinations, particularly against hepatitis B and Haemophilus influenzae type b, and risk of developing type 1 diabetes; and to determine whether timing of vaccination influences risk...
- Challenges and controversies in immunization safetyR T Chen
National Immunization Program, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Infect Dis Clin North Am 15:21-39, viii. 2001..It also provides information on how various safety research is conducted, some of the concurrent challenges, and finally, some guidance on communicating with patients on vaccine risks...
- The incidence of Kawasaki syndrome in West Coast health maintenance organizationsE D Belay
Division of Viral and Rickettsial Diseases, National Center for Infectious Diseases, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA, USA
Pediatr Infect Dis J 19:828-32. 2000..Kawasaki syndrome (KS) causes an acute vasculitis of unknown etiology. It is a leading cause of acquired heart disease of children in Japan and the United States...
- The Vaccine Safety Datalink: immunization research in health maintenance organizations in the USAR T Chen
National Immunization Program, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
Bull World Health Organ 78:186-94. 2000....
- Does influenza vaccination prevent asthma exacerbations in children?P Kramarz
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia 30333, USA
J Pediatr 138:306-10. 2001..The effectiveness of influenza vaccine in preventing influenza-related asthma exacerbations, however, is not known. We evaluated influenza vaccine effectiveness in protecting children against influenza-related asthma exacerbations...
- Population-based study of rotavirus vaccination and intussusceptionP Kramarz
National Immunization Program, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA, USA
Pediatr Infect Dis J 20:410-6. 2001..0. The attributable risk was one case of intussusception per 11 073 children vaccinated. CONCLUSIONS: RRV-TV is associated with an increased risk of intussusception. The risk is greatest 3 to 7 days after the first vaccination dose...
- Autism and measles-mumps-rubella vaccination: controversy laid to rest?F DeStefano
National Center on Birth Defects and Developmental Disabilities, Atlanta, Georgia 30341 3724, USA
CNS Drugs 15:831-7. 2001..Currently, the weight of the available epidemiological and related evidence does not support a causal association between MMR vaccine, or any other vaccine or vaccine constituent, and autism...
- MMR vaccine and autism: a review of the evidence for a causal associationF DeStefano
National Center on Birth Defects and Developmental Disabilities, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 4770 Buford Highway NE, Mailstop F34, Atlanta, GA 30341-3724, USA
Mol Psychiatry 7:S51-2. 2002
- Epidemiology of autoimmune reactions induced by vaccinationR T Chen
Vaccine Safety and Development Activity, National Immunization Program, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
J Autoimmun 16:309-18. 2001..Examples include the possible association of immunization and multiple sclerosis (and other demyelinating diseases), type 1 diabetes mellitus, Guillain-Barre Syndrome, idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura, and rheumatoid arthritis...
- Vaccines and autism: evidence does not support a causal associationF DeStefano
Statistics and Epidemiology Unit, RTI International, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Clin Pharmacol Ther 82:756-9. 2007....
- Immunity to tetanus is protective against the development of multiple sclerosisT Verstraeten
Epidemic Intelligence Service EIS Program, Epidemiology Program Office, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Altanta, GA, USA
Med Hypotheses 65:966-9. 2005..Laboratory evidence could be sought by testing the effect of tetanus toxoid on experimental allergic encephalomyelitis, the experimental animal model of MS...