Affiliation: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Early HIV Infections Among Men Who Have Sex with Men in Five Cities in the United StatesG Paz-Bailey
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 1600 Clifton Rd NE, MS E 46, Atlanta, GA, 30329, USA
AIDS Behav 19:2304-10. 2015..3, CI 1.2-15.0), and daily Internet use to meet partners/friends (ARR = 3.3, CI 1.1-9.7). Expanding prevention and treatment for black MSM will be necessary for reducing incidence in the United States. ..
- Risk Behaviors and STI Prevalence Among People with HIV in El SalvadorG Paz-Bailey
Training Programs in Epidemiology and Public Health Interventions Network TEPHINET Central American office, Guatemala City, Guatemala Centre for Health Studies, Del Valle University, Guatemala City, Guatemala Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA, USA
Open AIDS J 6:205-12. 2012..The positive role of support groups should be used to enhance behavioral change...
- Engagement in HIV care among HIV-positive men who have sex with men from 21 cities in the United StatesGabriela Paz-Bailey
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 1600 Clifton Rd NE, MS E 46, Atlanta, GA, 30333, USA
AIDS Behav 18:348-58. 2014..Among those with at least one health care visit, being age 18-39 years, having private or no health insurance, and stimulant use were associated with not being on ART. These findings can inform efforts to improve engagement in care. ..
- Reaching men who have sex with men: a comparison of respondent-driven sampling and time-location sampling in Guatemala CityGabriela Paz-Bailey
Division of HIV AIDS Prevention, National Center for HIV, Hepatitis, STD and Tuberculosis, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 1600 Clifton Rd NE, MS E 46, Atlanta, GA, 30333, USA
AIDS Behav 17:3081-90. 2013..The cost per participant was $89 and $121 for RDS and TLS, respectively. Our results suggest that RDS reached a more hidden sub-population of non-gay-identifying MSM than TLS and had a lower implementation cost...
- Unsafe sexual behaviors among HIV-positive men and women in Honduras: the role of discrimination, condom access, and genderGabriela Paz-Bailey
Center for Health Studies, Del Valle University, Guatemala City, Guatemala
Sex Transm Dis 39:35-41. 2012..We conducted a study among HIV-positive men and women in Honduras to describe demographics, HIV risk behaviors and sexually transmitted infection prevalence, and identify correlates of unsafe sex...
- Syphilis outbreak among Hispanic immigrants in Decatur, Alabama: association with commercial sexGabriela Paz-Bailey
Division of STD Prevention, National Center for HIV, STD, and TB Prevention, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
Sex Transm Dis 31:20-5. 2004..An outbreak of infectious syphilis among Hispanics was identified in Decatur, Alabama...
- Incidence of Trypanosoma cruzi infection in two Guatemalan communitiesG Paz-Bailey
University of San Carlos of Guatemala, Zone 12, Guatemala City, Guatemala
Trans R Soc Trop Med Hyg 96:48-52. 2002..5% per year in PS. There was some indication of a recent reduction in incidence in both villages. In PS, but not in SMH, both the observed prevalence and the estimated incidence rates were significantly higher in females than in males...
- Binge drinking, sexual behaviour and sexually transmitted infection in the UKK Standerwick
School of Medicine, University of Southampton, Southampton SO16 6YD, UK
Int J STD AIDS 18:810-3. 2007..Binge drinking was increased in the 29% diagnosed with a bacterial sexually transmitted infection (P < 0.003). Of the women, 19% reported an unwanted pregnancy, with 28% drinking beforehand...
- SCADA data and the quantification of hazardous events for QMRAP Nilsson
Division of Ergonomics and Aerosol Technology, Department of Design Sciences, Faculty of Engineering, Lund University, PO Box 118, SE 221 00, Lund, Sweden
J Water Health 5:99-105. 2007..SCADA data analysis should only complement traditional water sampling, rather than replace it. More work on on-line data management, quality control and interpretation is needed before it can be used routinely for event characterization...
- A comparison of the anthropometric, strength, endurance and flexibility characteristics of female elite and recreational climbers and non-climbersS Grant
Institute of Biomedical and Life Sciences, University of Glasgow, UK
J Sports Sci 19:499-505. 2001..The results suggest that elite climbers have greater finger strength than recreational climbers and non-climbers...