Affiliation: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- The value of prevention: experiences of a public health agencyPhaedra S Corso
Woodruff Health Sciences Center, Emory University, USA
Med Decis Making 22:S11-6. 2002
- The need for economic analysis in research on child maltreatmentPhaedra S Corso
National Center for Injury Prevention and Control, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 4770 Buford Highway, MS K-60, Atlanta, GA 30341, USA
Child Abuse Negl 30:727-38. 2006
- Assessing preferences for prevention versus treatment using willingness to payPhaedra S Corso
Harvard University School of Public Health, USA
Med Decis Making 22:S92-101. 2002..Information from opinion polls suggests citizens favor spending a higher proportion of all health care dollars on prevention rather than treatment...
- Cost of illness in the 1993 waterborne Cryptosporidium outbreak, Milwaukee, WisconsinPhaedra S Corso
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia 30333, USA
Emerg Infect Dis 9:426-31. 2003..The potentially high cost of waterborne disease outbreaks should be considered in economic decisions regarding the safety of public drinking water supplies...
- Incidence and lifetime costs of injuries in the United StatesP Corso
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, National Center for Injury Prevention and Control, 4770 Buford Highway NE, Mailstop K60, Atlanta, GA 30341, USA
Inj Prev 12:212-8. 2006..Standardized methodologies for assessing economic burden of injury at the national or international level do not exist...
- Child maltreatment, youth violence, and intimate partner violence: developmental relationshipsXiangming Fang
National Center for Injury Prevention and Control, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 4770 Buford Highway, Atlanta, GA 30341, USA
Am J Prev Med 33:281-90. 2007....
- First reports evaluating the effectiveness of strategies for preventing violence: early childhood home visitation. Findings from the Task Force on Community Preventive ServicesRobert A Hahn
Division of Prevention Research and Analytic Methods Epidemiology Program Office, National Center for Injury Prevention and Control, CDC Atlanta, Georgia, USA
MMWR Recomm Rep 52:1-9. 2003..This report provides additional information regarding the findings, briefly describes how the reviews were conducted, and provides information that can help in applying the recommended intervention locally...
- A cost analysis of a smoke alarm installation and fire safety education programJohn E Parmer
Division of Unintentional Injury Prevention, National Center for Injury Prevention and Control, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 4770 Buford Highway, NE, Mailstop K-63, Atlanta, GA 30341, United States
J Safety Res 37:367-73. 2006..By demonstrating effective economies of scale, this study suggests that smoke alarm programs can be implemented efficiently and receive positive economic returns on investment...
- Medical costs and productivity losses due to interpersonal and self-directed violence in the United StatesPhaedra S Corso
College of Public Health, University of Georgia, Athens, GA 30602, USA
Am J Prev Med 32:474-482. 2007..From 2003 to 2005, the lifetime medical costs and productivity losses associated with medically treated injuries due to interpersonal and self-directed violence occurring in the United States in 2000 were assessed...
- The acute medical care costs of fall-related injuries among the U.S. older adultsBahman S Roudsari
Department of Epidemiology, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98104 2499, USA
Injury 36:1316-22. 2005....
- Measuring health-related quality of life for child maltreatment: a systematic literature reviewLisa A Prosser
Center for Child Health Care Studies, Harvard Medical School and Harvard Pilgrim Health Care, Department of Ambulatory Care and Prevention, Boston, MA, USA
Health Qual Life Outcomes 5:42. 2007..The objective of this study was to review the literature for existing approaches and instruments for measuring quality-of-life for child maltreatment outcomes...
- The relationship between obesity and injuries among U.S. adultsEric A Finkelstein
RTI International, 3040 Cornwallis Road, PO Box 12194, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709, USA
Am J Health Promot 21:460-8. 2007....
- Therapeutic foster care for the prevention of violence: a report on recommendations of the Task Force on Community Preventive ServicesRobert A Hahn
Division of Prevention Research and Analytic Methods, Epidemiology Program Office, CDC, USA
MMWR Recomm Rep 53:1-8. 2004..This report briefly describes how the reviews were conducted, provides additional information about the findings, and provides information that might help communities in applying the intervention locally...
- Hormone therapy: making decisions in the face of uncertaintyHerbert B Peterson
Department of Maternal and Child Health, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 27599, USA
Arch Intern Med 164:2308-12. 2004
- A comparison of the case-control and case-crossover designs for estimating medical costs of nonfatal fall-related injuries among older AmericansEric A Finkelstein
RTI International, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709, USA
Med Care 43:1087-91. 2005..In this study, costs for a series of hospitalized and nonhospitalized fall-related injuries were computed using the 2 approaches to allow for a direct comparison of the results...
- Health-related quality of life among adults who experienced maltreatment during childhoodPhaedra S Corso
Department of Health Policy and Management, College of Public Health, University of Georgia, N125 Paul Coverdell Center, Athens, GA 30602 7397, USA
Am J Public Health 98:1094-100. 2008..We sought to assess the difference in a preference-based measure of health among adults reporting maltreatment as a child versus those reporting no maltreatment...