Thomas H Connor
Affiliation: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Preventing occupational exposures to antineoplastic drugs in health care settingsThomas H Connor
Division of Applied Research and Technology, The National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health, Cincinnati, OH, USA
CA Cancer J Clin 56:354-65. 2006..In 2004, the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) published an alert reviewing the most recent information available and promoting a program of safe handling during their use...
- Effectiveness of a closed-system device in containing surface contamination with cyclophosphamide and ifosfamide in an i.v. admixture areaThomas H Connor
Robert A Taft Laboratories, National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health MS C23, 4676 Columbia Parkway, Cincinnati, OH 45226, USA
Am J Health Syst Pharm 59:68-72. 2002
- Monitoring for hazardous drugs in the operating roomThomas H Connor
Ann Surg Oncol 10:821-2; reply 822-3. 2003
- Surface contamination of chemotherapy drug vials and evaluation of new vial-cleaning techniques: results of three studiesThomas H Connor
Division of Applied Research and Technology, National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health NIOSH, Cincinnati, OH 45226, USA
Am J Health Syst Pharm 62:475-84. 2005..The results of three studies that describe the external contamination of chemotherapy drug vials are presented. New techniques for the improved decontamination of vials containing cisplatin are also described...
- Hazardous anticancer drugs in health care: environmental exposure assessmentThomas H Connor
NIOSH MS C 23, 4676 Columbia Parkway, Cincinnati, OH 45226, USA
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1076:615-23. 2006..Assessment of exposure is the first step in providing a safe work environment for these workers. However, because of the many drugs to which they are exposed, any assessment can only be an estimation of the overall exposure...
- Evaluation of antineoplastic drug exposure of health care workers at three university-based US cancer centersThomas H Connor
Division of Applied Research and Technology, National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Cincinnati, Ohio 45226, USA
J Occup Environ Med 52:1019-27. 2010..This study evaluated health care worker exposure to antineoplastic drugs...
- Sampling and mass spectrometric analytical methods for five antineoplastic drugs in the healthcare environmentJack R Pretty
Division of Applied Research and Technology, National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health, U S Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Cincinnati, OH 45226, USA
J Oncol Pharm Pract 18:23-36. 2012..Sensitive sampling and analytical methods are needed so that occupational safety and health professionals may accurately assess environmental and biological exposure to these drugs in the workplace...
- Detection of radiation and cyclophosphamide-induced mutations in individual mouse sperm at a human expanded trinucleotide repeat locus transgeneYun Zhang
Department of Experimental Radiation Oncology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston 77030, USA
Mutat Res 516:121-38. 2002..The radiation-induced increase in the frequency of PCR artifacts might reflect alterations in sperm DNA that destabilize the genome not only during PCR amplification but also during early embryonic development...